3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Another turbo and clutch thread....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another turbo and clutch thread....

I need help with the performance direction of my truck. I have a hot juice, a smarty, and just recently bought an edge ez, but haven’t installed it yet. I’m happy with the performance so far. Last fall with the hot juice alone, my truck ran a 9.2 @78mph, into a strong headwind, at a 1/8 mile strip. My 60 feet times were around 2sec with a best of 1.9.

I’ll be racing the truck again this fall, and of course I want to improve my times. I know I’m at the limits of my clutch and turbo, but I like the quick spooling of the stock turbo, and the ability to bang off fast shifts with the stock clutch. However my turbo is now making some nasty noises and needs to be replaced.

I had planned to put on a 62mmSilver Bullet, and install a sprung 3250 dual disk clutch. But I’m concerned that those two mods will actually make my truck slower. I’m worried that I’ll spend thousands of dollars, and end up with a laggy, slow shifting truck. Will the ez be enough to make up for these deficiencies, and allow me to break into the 8’s?

Otherwise I think I might as well save a bunch of money and put a stock turbo back on, install a OFE SouthBend clutch and be content with the power I currently have. Perhaps eventally adding water meth to help control egts.

What do you guys think? Is the silver bullet and DD clutch worth the $$$? Or will I require other mods (ie injectors) before I’ll be happy with the performance?

Also how is the Silver bullet for towing? I’ve heard some guys say that the SPS 62, tows better, is this true?

Thanks for the help, and insight,

Carl
Old 08-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well my truck ran much stonger with the smarty. The ez will help a little. You really need a lift pump to take advantage of that stack. As far as your clutch you might want to go a little bigger like 3600 to really hold the power. the sps would be a great turbo for your set up. you will not need injectors to light that turbo, infact if you went to bigger injectors it would actually get that turbo pretty toasty as far as egts are concerned. but that turbo realy help you out in every category for sure Your definatly on the right path good luck