3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Justice4all
Is this CP3 pressure sender fitting for 3/8" line or 1/2"?

it's 1/2"........
Old 12-30-2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
53 I wonder if some how we could hook the factory power wire up to a toogle switch to activate the factory system from inside the cab?
And also maybe tee the factory supply line into the AD supply line close to the CP3 somewhere, i have the GDP big line kit from the factory fuel filter canister to the CP3 and thought about puttin a 1/2" tee in the new AD supply line that has a 3/8" inlet and tying the GDP big line kit into that, that way if somethin would happen to the AD u could just flip a switch and have the factory as a backup system.
Or instead of 3/8" witch is what the GDP big line kit is, find a 1/2 fitting that would fit the bottom of the fuel canister and use 1/2" line to the tee.
Could something like this even work?
yes this could easily work...I thought about doing it myself....I just dont know what route I will go yet.......
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airdog 150 bypasses the stock filter housing, is this correct. Just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I start the install.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cgmorgan06
The airdog 150 bypasses the stock filter housing, is this correct. Just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I start the install.
yep, no more factory filter.....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Great write up Mark. Sorry i missed you this last week. The kids and I were on a mission. Got thru your area too early (you still at work) and on the return trip, we were running about the time you get off work but did not want to call in fear of the wife wanting to kill a DTR member thinking you were at home! next time. Again, killer write up!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 AM

Hello Mark. What are your thoughts after a couple more days of driving around?

Thanx.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
Great write up Mark. Sorry i missed you this last week. The kids and I were on a mission. Got thru your area too early (you still at work) and on the return trip, we were running about the time you get off work but did not want to call in fear of the wife wanting to kill a DTR member thinking you were at home! next time. Again, killer write up!
no biggie Chris...hope you had happy holidays..

Originally Posted by jmccart
Hello Mark. What are your thoughts after a couple more days of driving around?

Thanx.
So far I love it...seems to idle a little smoother...runs a little quieter..and gives me 18psi all day long
I still cant get over how quiet it is I was expecting alot more noise then this
Old 01-02-2008, 01:58 PM

Nice write up Mark! Im still tryin to decide which fuel system im gonna go with...was goin the GDP Fuel Boss route, but kinda like the air/water separater of this setup...keep us updated as the miles rack up
Old 01-10-2008, 04:37 PM

53 ******, did you cap the stock line like you mentioned? I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. Any suggestions? (pics if possible)
Old 01-11-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by sdmark
53 ******, did you cap the stock line like you mentioned? I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. Any suggestions? (pics if possible)
I went to the local hydro shop and picked up a adapter like this..
http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...08JIC-X/Detail

Then I also picked up a -8 AN cap to cap it off...sorry I could not find a pic for the cap but you get the idea...

I capped mine at the bottom of the stock filter..then I just took my stock CP3 feed line off...I plan to take most of the stock system out(except the engine return line of coarse)...I just need to order the filter eliminator kit from GDP or I may just make my own...
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
how bout making the return from the CP3 go thru the stock filter and be able to keep the water in fuel think it is working fine?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
how bout making the return from the CP3 go thru the stock filter and be able to keep the water in fuel think it is working fine?
Should work??? but I dont know if it will or not?? would it cause a restriction with the filter in there=problems??? i'm confident in the airdogs filtering ability..so I am not too worried about it.
plus ditching the stock filter will clean the engine bay up a little and you gotta love that
I am setting up a back up plan with the 1/2" airdog lines so I can plumb a back up pump in...and I dont plan on using ANY factory lines for that(except I will keep the engine return line)
Old 01-11-2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Should work??? but I dont know if it will or not?? would it cause a restriction with the filter in there=problems??? i'm confident in the airdogs filtering ability..so I am not too worried about it.
plus ditching the stock filter will clean the engine bay up a little and you gotta love that
I am setting up a back up plan with the 1/2" airdog lines so I can plumb a back up pump in...and I dont plan on using ANY factory lines for that(except I will keep the engine return line)

I think the main thing you need to worry about with the stock filter canister is the plastic lid
Which you could just get a billet cap from genos and not worry about it...
When I do my DIY walbro here pretty soon ill probably try to keep the stock filter canister too just for an added filter, wont hurt to have one more filter...

Great writeup Mark!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM

the thing I did not think about was if you plumb your engine return line into the stock filter..bad things could happen if the RV blows.....27,000+psi going through you stock filter will cause a really big boom!!!! I dont know if a billet cap could even handle that kinda PSI!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
the thing I did not think about was if you plumb your engine return line into the stock filter..bad things could happen if the RV blows.....27,000+psi going through you stock filter will cause a really big boom!!!! I dont know if a billet cap could even handle that kinda PSI!!!
ya ... really big boom, would create a nice bomb under the hood.

Quick Reply: AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab