3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 53 ******
This is what I used to hook the FP gauge up to the CP3.
Where did you get this part and do you have a part #? I have a 100 on the way to install in a few weeks and would like to be able to use that set-up on mine also.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL
Where did you get this part and do you have a part #? I have a 100 on the way to install in a few weeks and would like to be able to use that set-up on mine also.
click the link in the first post.....
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
click the link in the first post.....
Thanks, I guess I should read
Old 12-30-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info, nice article!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:59 AM

you still would have to drop the tank to connect the AD100 to the factory fuel module right??? or can you reach it through the fender????
Just loosen the bolts some to lower it down enough where you can reach in there and plug it in.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
Nice job! I'm doing mine next week too as soon as it gets here. I went with an AD100 festus it's good up to 550hp and more than enough for me. You don't have to drop the tank or remove the bed to drill for a draw straw with the 100 either.
I think even if i went with the 100, I'd still install mine like Mark's. I like the idea of being able to plug in the OEM stuff to get out of a bind if something on the AD fails when I'm in the bush. Besides, if one was to sell the truck in 10 years or so, it would be easier to revert back to factory (just in case someone doesn't want to shell out a couple extra bucks for the AD, off it comes).

Just to decide now which one to get. I always said I'd never run more than just a few extra ponies for towing, but who knows what I can get talked into.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:17 AM

Nice write up.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
I think even if i went with the 100, I'd still install mine like Mark's. I like the idea of being able to plug in the OEM stuff to get out of a bind if something on the AD fails when I'm in the bush. Besides, if one was to sell the truck in 10 years or so, it would be easier to revert back to factory (just in case someone doesn't want to shell out a couple extra bucks for the AD, off it comes).

Just to decide now which one to get. I always said I'd never run more than just a few extra ponies for towing, but who knows what I can get talked into.
After the install of the AD how would the factory system be able to be used?
Say somethin happens to the AD and your on the side of the road, how would the factory system work?

Thanks
Buddy
Old 12-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Nice write-up! I do have a few questions for you relating to the flat cut on the draw straw.

Is there any way the draw straw will get suctioned to the bottom of the tank with 1/16" tolerance? With temp variation, flex etc? I think you would see it in your fuel pressure if it did.

What are your FP readings now at idle, while cruising, and at WOT?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bswope
After the install of the AD how would the factory system be able to be used?
Say somethin happens to the AD and your on the side of the road, how would the factory system work?

Thanks
Buddy
you could hook the factory power wire back up to the oem pump then you would just need to reconnect the oem feed line....the only problem with this is the oem feed line on my set-up keeps dripping.....I dont know why it would unless with the tank mod and a FULL tank of fuel is causing the fuel to fill the oem fuel lines???? the airdog will let fuel be sucked up by the cp3 if the motor went bad for some reason..I plan on adding a couple extra fittings to make a bypass for mine...but it may be while before I do....the AD motor has a 600,000+ miles life expectancyso I should be fine......lol
Originally Posted by djbikeman
Nice write-up! I do have a few questions for you relating to the flat cut on the draw straw.

Is there any way the draw straw will get suctioned to the bottom of the tank with 1/16" tolerance? With temp variation, flex etc? I think you would see it in your fuel pressure if it did.

What are your FP readings now at idle, while cruising, and at WOT?
I doubt it but only time will tell...the Vulcan drawstraw instructions said between 1/16"-1/8" gap....I wanted mine as close as possible.....altho the Vulcan install did say cut a small angle....
Idle=18-19psi
cruising=18psi
WOT=16psi for a sec and then right back to 18psi
Old 12-30-2007, 08:32 PM

53 I wonder if some how we could hook the factory power wire up to a toogle switch to activate the factory system from inside the cab?
And also maybe tee the factory supply line into the AD supply line close to the CP3 somewhere, i have the GDP big line kit from the factory fuel filter canister to the CP3 and thought about puttin a 1/2" tee in the new AD supply line that has a 3/8" inlet and tying the GDP big line kit into that, that way if somethin would happen to the AD u could just flip a switch and have the factory as a backup system.
Or instead of 3/8" witch is what the GDP big line kit is, find a 1/2 fitting that would fit the bottom of the fuel canister and use 1/2" line to the tee.
Could something like this even work?
Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bswope
53 I wonder if some how we could hook the factory power wire up to a toogle switch to activate the factory system from inside the cab?
And also maybe tee the factory supply line into the AD supply line close to the CP3 somewhere, i have the GDP big line kit from the factory fuel filter canister to the CP3 and thought about puttin a 1/2" tee in the new AD supply line that has a 3/8" inlet and tying the GDP big line kit into that, that way if somethin would happen to the AD u could just flip a switch and have the factory as a backup system.
Or am i way off base? Could this even work?
I was thinking of doing something along those lines with the toggle switch. Not sure exactly how I need to do it yet, but just an idea that was running through my head.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:58 PM

I edited my post alittle at the bottom. Just another thought i had!
I would think this is doable.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned

Hey not to still this thread or anyhting just wanted to ask if it would be the same kind of setup if i didnt a AD 100 on my 2003, since it seems like you guys know what you are talking about. Thnaks
Old 12-30-2007, 09:15 PM

Is this CP3 pressure sender fitting for 3/8" line or 1/2"?

Quick Reply: AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab