3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
If your draining your fuel rain you need an upgraded cp3

As long as adequate fuel is supplied to the cp3. Tossing an upgraded cp3 on it won't do anything if its starving for fuel. Not knocking you shane, I know you know that, just pointing it out.

Tim
Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by sallyman1
is it possible to do this without lifting box? or do u need a lift or hoist? can u pull tank down and out with truck on floor or do u need to raise truck on blocks? To install a airdog100 or 150 do u even need to drop fuel tank?

Your question answered here,

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...=188936&page=2

Tim
Old 01-27-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghost Ram
if you were to get rid of the stock filter canister and heater wouldnt it trigger an engine light because the ecm wont see the heater is working? much like the intake heater grid? what do the airdog instructions say to do, keep the canister and get rid of the filter or bypass the canister/heater all together?

i too will be going w/ the airdog150 sometime soon before upgrading my turbo. thanks for the writeup, it really is great!
you have to leave the filter canister in place unless you want to buy one of these...http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...x?pf_id=0306FE
...a resistor should take care of the CEL but dont ask me the value cause I dont know it yet
Old 01-27-2008, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
As long as adequate fuel is supplied to the cp3. Tossing an upgraded cp3 on it won't do anything if its starving for fuel. Not knocking you shane, I know you know that, just pointing it out.

Tim
your post sounds confusing to me....
if you have steady FP supplied to the CP3...and your drainning the rail then YES you DO need a upgraded CP3
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 AM

Sorry, what I an stating is if you do not have adequate fuel supply to the cp3 then tossing an upgraded cp3 on will do absolutely nothing, since it won't have the fuel supply to feed the rail. I always start with the basics, make sure fuel supply, and delivery to the injection device is adequate, then go on from there.

Tim
Old 01-27-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megaboom
so if i were to install this system would it eliminate my depleated fuel rail problem? and will i have to add any other fueling upgrades down the road if i want more power???
Megaboom here was asking about the AD system

Originally Posted by 53 ******
your post sounds confusing to me....
if you have steady FP supplied to the CP3...and your drainning the rail then YES you DO need a upgraded CP3
he isn't getting enough fuel to begin with maybe he needs a cp3 as well, but if you're draining the rail with a stock supply I'd say you have to at least handle the low pressure side first

Originally hvytrkmech was qouting someone else saying he needed an upgraded cp3. But, first he needs to get the fuel to the cp3. Megaboom does not have an upgraded fuel system. If you go back and read starting at Megabooms post it'll make sense.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:51 AM

before the AD I could suck my FP to zero and the rail would stay full....this is on a WOT run...by the time my handshaker hit redline the FP read zero and the rail was still 24k+.....yes if I stayed on it it would probably drain the rail but I never could take it to any higher speeds to see the rail drain...

you are correct tho..if you dont have a aftermarket lift pump you should defiantly get one before upgrading your CP3..

Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Sorry, what I an stating is if you do not have adequate fuel supply to the cp3 then tossing an upgraded cp3 on will do absolutely nothing, since it won't have the fuel supply to feed the rail. I always start with the basics, make sure fuel supply, and delivery to the injection device is adequate, then go on from there.

Tim
Very true....
Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 PM

ok thanks guys and yeah i dont have an aftermarket fuel system yet thats why i was asking about the ad and such but my question was answered thanks guys...
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM

Gents,

Anyone see any issue with running an airdog 150, the Jeep Replacement In Tank Pickup and the http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...x?pf_id=0306FE.....

Will the Jeep Part be too small of a pickup for the AD150?

Sorry if this has been answered in one of the 3000 threads, i didnt notice it if it has...thanks in advance
Old 01-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by jgiachino
Gents,

Anyone see any issue with running an airdog 150, the Jeep Replacement In Tank Pickup and the http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...x?pf_id=0306FE.....

Will the Jeep Part be too small of a pickup for the AD150?

Sorry if this has been answered in one of the 3000 threads, i didnt notice it if it has...thanks in advance
I don't know what HP level that it becomes an issue at, that question has been answered though. Whether it was guess work or someones actual experience in trying to support HP I don't know. Someone will find the answer. I suppose you could figure it out with some mathematical equations. You definately won't be able to support as much power as the pump is capable of for sure. Because you've just gone from a 1/2" (supplied) pickup tube to about a 1/4" maybe a lil' larger pickup on the liberty canister.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Charlie@ Pureflow told me the stock pick up is too small for the AD150 be it a liberty canister or the dodge canister the AD100 will be fine...I think I am going to try lib can...but I am going to plumb a 1/2" pick up into it.....and maybe the airdog return line...the only worry with the r-line is it has all the bubbles and air in it so that may make the Airdog run louder since it would be sucking the return line fuel up???
I will keep yall posted
Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 PM

I believe the liberty pick up assembly has a 3/8" pick up tube.
You won't be able to flow the 150gph at 15-18psi of fuel pump pressure using the above p/u. That is why you get a 1/2" pick up draw straw on the 150 and above. The A/D 100 with the factory quick connects is said to support up to 550hp. As far as eliminating the stock ff housing, its up to you, no real performance benefit either way, removing it is purely for asthetics.

Tim
Old 01-27-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Charlie@ Pureflow told me the stock pick up is too small for the AD150 be it a liberty canister or the dodge canister the AD100 will be fine...I think I am going to try lib can...but I am going to plumb a 1/2" pick up into it.....and maybe the airdog return line...the only worry with the r-line is it has all the bubbles and air in it so that may make the Airdog run louder since it would be sucking the return line fuel up???
I will keep yall posted

You bring up an excellent point, please do keep us up to speed.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 01-27-2008, 05:49 PM

so you wouldnt have to cut your tank for the airdog 100 because you can keep the stock tube? how many gph improvment is the ad100 over stock, and do you guys think it would actually support 550hp?

i wanted to try and get around the 600 hp range to run the et's i would like but it sounds like the ad100 would be a much easier install if you dont have to cut the tank. i wonder if i could get away w/ the ad100?

Quick Reply: AirDog 150 & tank vent mod install on a Megacab