3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Texas owners, any success with Texas Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas owners, any success with Texas Lemon Law?

I was wondering if anyone in Texas has had success with the Texas lemon law without an attorney on a new dodge diesel truck. I really like my truck, but I'm on my 4th check engine light and the last time they did the gasket and cleanup thing instead of replacing the turbo for code p2262, I was basically told that I would be back again (of course not on paper). It seems like even the techs are frustrated with the complaining customers. Anyways, I'm just curious if any Texas owners have had success with the lemon law. Thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 10:13 AM

you've probably already read this, but good info here:

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/services/...nt_process.htm

a word of advice, if the dealer says something, demand they write it down. if they say they won't replace the turbo, say either put it in writing, or replace the turbo, and don't leave until they do. this helped my lemon claim very much. hoping TX members can give you more specific advice.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 PM

hovisimo
would like to know who your attorney was. We are trying to do Lemon Law in Kansas and want to get someone who knows what they are doing
Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by adoty
hovisimo
would like to know who your attorney was. We are trying to do Lemon Law in Kansas and want to get someone who knows what they are doing
since the law in each state is different, you will need to find an attorney in Kansas.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:54 PM

hovisimo
what kind of attorney did you use? we have contacted several that know nothing about lemon law. thought that maybe your attorney knows one in kansas that we could contact. we are looking for some help. PLEASE, I am a 70 yr old man with cancer and need to get this taken care of.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make sure you get them to log every complaint but here in texas it can only be for one thing only. thats what they told me at the state office. unfourtunetaly my whole truck was the problem it was one thing then another and so on so i had to get a lawyer. thats been since aug of 07 still going on they offered me 6k and for me to keep the truck but the motor will cost me 13k and i have 8k in rentals for another truck till my 03 was fixed
Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by adoty
hovisimo
what kind of attorney did you use? we have contacted several that know nothing about lemon law. thought that maybe your attorney knows one in kansas that we could contact. we are looking for some help. PLEASE, I am a 70 yr old man with cancer and need to get this taken care of.
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/pr...mon-Law/Kansas
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Well, got another 2262 code and will be getting a new turbo on wednesday. I'm going to say that that will be my fourth with emmissions related problems. Will see what happends after the new turbo. I have had them put specifics on every piece of paper they have given me. Thanks all.