3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Both 08 6.7's DOA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imports in this era are a no no in my book and I don't CARE if there is a Toyota plant in the U.S. as the money one way or another ends up in Japan.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hounddog
Imports in this era are a no no in my book and I don't CARE if there is a Toyota plant in the U.S. as the money one way or another ends up in Japan.
Although I agree with you that in this era that we inherited we should be buying American brand products, I think thousands of Toyota of America employees and share holders might disagree with the second part. If you leave the emotional and patriotic factor out and just list the pros and cons of each 1/2 ton offered, the Tundra comes out looking pretty good. I'm very happy with my Hemi powered 2500HD but, the gear ratios of my faux 5spd auto leave a lot to be desired. Toyota's 6spd auto behind their 5.7L V8 is superior in performance. That could be a starting point. We should offer better.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hannibal
Although I agree with you that in this era that we inherited we should be buying American brand products, I think thousands of Toyota of America employees and share holders might disagree with the second part. If you leave the emotional and patriotic factor out and just list the pros and cons of each 1/2 ton offered, the Tundra comes out looking pretty good. I'm very happy with my Hemi powered 2500HD but, the gear ratios of my faux 5spd auto leave a lot to be desired. Toyota's 6spd auto behind their 5.7L V8 is superior in performance. That could be a starting point. We should offer better.
i agree should offer better, but buying another make of vehicle won't help their R&D department fix the current problems.

I own a 5.9(thank GOD) with 102k and my father has a 08 6.7 with 32.5k.......that just got towed to the dealership for 4 injectors to be replaced.......

i hope that we do not follow the same path as you, did they ever offer a REASON as to why all the injectors failed? or?...

should i be looking into a extended warranty plan or a used 5.9. this is our 5th dodge in our company. we haul semi heavy loads and never let it just idle.

i won't buy foreign(buy local buy U.S.!) and can't afford the initial cost or down time of the ford, but now that we all have stake in GMC maybe i'll pay myself back