3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JTCHess
...Now with the news that Toyota has completed the engineering for a Tundra diesel and is forcing their dealerships to beef up their service capacity to support increased sales, one can only wonder how long before they start outselling the big three with diesels. ...

John
lol, yea Toyota has "finished" the engineering and will nail emissions compliant diesel running on US fuel on the 1st shot.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:50 PM

Hey i have an 08 ford and it is problem free. I checked to see if it needed any flashes (i bought it in june) and there were no updates to be done. I dont think a dodge dealer can tell me since June they havent needed updates.

The 6.7 should be doing better. its not a crazy amount different than the 5.9l and they had years to test it. My 08 ford is a complete redesign from the 6.0l, plus a second turbo, plus emissions equipment and it seems to be doing great. Check out thedieselstop and see how much people are enjoying these new Power Strokes
Old 09-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
buy a chevy before a ford

brett
Walkin' ain't real crowded!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:32 PM

I just can't cater to what's become of Ford and GMs looks. GMs have GIANT wheelhouses. The top of the opening is a loooooong way from the tire.

And the front of Ford? Yuck.

I like the looks of the newest Dodges, except for the tail lights and they are growing on me.

I have to keep my '03 going for a long time yet. But by the time it needs replaced hopefully all the problems are long gone.

But no fords and no chebbies for me!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
duramax is the best there is...i heard international is making the new 6.7 but dodge is badging it as a cummins

brett
--------------
WHAT??????? I don't think so Rusty!! Cummins is cranking out about 600 of those 6.7's everyday at the Columbus, Indiana Midrange Engine Plant and they start with the machining of the raw Cummins 6.7 blocks and go all the all the way to the finished engines with everything done right there "in-house." No help or parts from International!

--------
John_P
Old 09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by John_P
--------------
WHAT??????? I don't think so Rusty!! Cummins is cranking out about 600 of those 6.7's everyday at the Columbus, Indiana Midrange Engine Plant and they start with the machining of the raw Cummins 6.7 blocks and go all the all the way to the finished engines with everything done right there "in-house." No help or parts from International!

--------
John_P
please tell me you didnt think i was serious!

brett
Old 09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

please tell me you didnt think i was serious!

brett
----------
Brett:

O.K.,..............I knew you weren't serious! But, with that being said, you know how some of the new Members here MIGHT take what you said seriously! All of us "older" Members here know you and realize your statement was a "joke." Heck Brett, it's like that old false statement that "Ford owns Cummins!!" And you and I both know there are actually people still out there that really believe that too!! WOW!!

Take care.

--------
John_P
Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

----------
Brett:

O.K.,..............I knew you weren't serious! But, with that being said, you know how some of the new Members here MIGHT take what you said seriously! All of us "older" Members here know you and realize your statement was a "joke." Heck Brett, it's like that old false statement that "Ford owns Cummins!!" And you and I both know there are actually people still out there that really believe that too!! WOW!!

Take care.

--------
John_P
seriousness on....

you are right...i forgot about some of the newer guys that might take that as gospel and it hurt the credibility of the site

seriousness off....

brett
Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JTCHess
I always get a kick out of folks bragging how they have 5,000 miles on their truck and no problems. It's like they're amazed that an Amercian designed and manufactured truck can actually run that long without a tow; like wow I got a good one!! Now with the news that Toyota has completed the engineering for a Tundra diesel and is forcing their dealerships to beef up their service capacity to support increased sales, one can only wonder how long before they start outselling the big three with diesels. Me and my 93 aren't complaining as I don't have all the electronics to deal with and besides my million mile truck with only 80k on the clock will long outlast me.

If this sounds sarcastic, it was meant to be, as the big 3 are playing us for fools, experimenting on us with unproven and poorly engineered designs, and we get to pay bucks for the privilage.
Use to be a die hard Dodge fan, now the only thing left in my "fleet" is my truck; my 5 cars are all Honda.

John
I think the exact same thing when I read those posts too. Like I would actually base my shopping comparison on the dummy that has less than 6 months worth of miles on his truck and is talking up how reliable it is.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Chrysler is a bunch of jerks and I am ashamed to be driving one. I have 2 good dealers now to take mine to and hold no hard feeling toward them. The new lifetime powertrain warrenty is a joke. I wouldnt trust them in any way. I believe when toyota gets there truck on the road it will kill the sales of the others. A dealer around has converted a tundra to a dually and put a flatbed on it. I havent seen it though just herd about it.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Administrator

seriousness on....

you are right...i forgot about some of the newer guys that might take that as gospel and it hurt the credibility of the site

seriousness off....

brett
-------------
Brett:

Hey buddy, I surely was not trying to attack you or make anything "personal" here, so if I came across that way,.....my SINCERE APOLOGIES! My initial post was done in a "teasing" sort of way towards you, "one old DTR Member/Veteran to another", but looking back on it, I probably could have worded my post better too! Sorry for that also. As I travel the country to the various diesel rallies, races and events, it does concern me though at the number of "false statements" and rumors that I hear on or about the Dodge CTD Pickups and their engines etc. It's pretty crazy................................

Anyway, thanks for all your input to the Members here!

---------
John_P
Old 09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

-------------
Brett:

Hey buddy, I surely was not trying to attack you or make anything "personal" here, so if I came across that way,.....my SINCERE APOLOGIES! My initial post was done in a "teasing" sort of way towards you, "one old DTR Member/Veteran to another", but looking back on it, I probably could have worded my post better too! Sorry for that also. As I travel the country to the various diesel rallies, races and events, it does concern me though at the number of "false statements" and rumors that I hear on or about the Dodge CTD Pickups and their engines etc. It's pretty crazy................................

Anyway, thanks for all your input to the Members here!

---------
John_P
no way buddy...i understand where you were coming from. i didnt take it the wrong way! your cool i didnt think anything of it!

brett
Old 09-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Administrator

no way buddy...i understand where you were coming from. i didnt take it the wrong way! your cool i didnt think anything of it!

brett
-------------
O.K. Brett,........thanks!

--------
John_P
Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by kev94mx
Chrysler is a bunch of jerks and I am ashamed to be driving one. I have 2 good dealers now to take mine to and hold no hard feeling toward them. The new lifetime powertrain warrenty is a joke. I wouldnt trust them in any way. I believe when toyota gets there truck on the road it will kill the sales of the others. A dealer around has converted a tundra to a dually and put a flatbed on it. I havent seen it though just herd about it.

If your so ashamed why don't you go buy a Ford or Sterling ect.?

About the toyota, they thought that with the 1/2 tons but it hasn't hurt sales yet, plus toyota is doing just as big of rebates and 0% financing as all the rest to sell them. I know everyone thinks toyota can do no wrong but they have problems to and a lot of owners complain about trying to get warranty done by them also.

People that are ashamed of what there driving should get something else and just leave it at that (not coming back to the forums to bad mouth the rest of us or the company that makes them). EVERY AUTO MAKER has problems, get used to it. (rant off)
Old 09-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dodge man
If your so ashamed why don't you go buy a Ford or Sterling ect.?

About the toyota, they thought that with the 1/2 tons but it hasn't hurt sales yet, plus toyota is doing just as big of rebates and 0% financing as all the rest to sell them. I know everyone thinks toyota can do no wrong but they have problems to and a lot of owners complain about trying to get warranty done by them also.

People that are ashamed of what there driving should get something else and just leave it at that (not coming back to the forums to bad mouth the rest of us or the company that makes them). EVERY AUTO MAKER has problems, get used to it. (rant off)
-------------------------
Good point Dodge man!

With what you said, I would add that in a recent car test of mid-size sedans in "Car and Driver" Magazine, a Hyundai Sonata actually finished AHEAD of the Toyota Camry! Consumer Reports and J.D. Power shows that Toyota's Quality Control has dropped somewhat over the last year or so, and Toyotas Flagship Model (Lexus) has actually been caught by Buick in the last quarter!

Like you said, all automakers have problems at one time or another! Heck look at GM,......when I was growing up they controlled over 60% of all autos sold and today they are below 25%!!!

--------
John_P

Quick Reply: 6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD