3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kev94mx
Good luck on the lemon law. I hope they dont screw you like they did me. Be very careful and if you need any help please just ask. I was going with a Ford also but I didnt have a choice. I love my cummins but I hate dodge for what they did to me. I think Dodges quality has gone to crap. If it wasnt for cummins I dont believe dodge wouldnt sell a truck
What kind of issues did you run into with the lemon law? I have a 2007 6.7 that is getting a new turbo today. This is the latest part they have tried!!! and this is it's 8 visit and the 3rd dealership!!If this does not fix it I'm going to start the lemon law paper trail.I live in Florida and have heard should take about 2 months with some paper pushing????????How do you like that new Chevy over the Dodge?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 PM

If you do anything get a new Chevy.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM

Already drove one! I will miss the mega cab .
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM

actually i meant GMC, the Chevy is down right ugly.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM

The 08 Chevy and GMC's are ugly, I just want a dependable truck !!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by hot tempered
Already drove one! I will miss the mega cab .
i personally think the new turbo and the LATEST FLASH will fix your problems. key word LATEST FLASH!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by hot tempered
The 08 Chevy and GMC's are ugly, I just want a dependable truck !!!!!!!
i wish i had a pic of the front end but i think the GMCs are far from ugly. This is my uncles TROUBLE FREE DMax.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM

That is a dang nice lookin truck! and your right the GMC is better lookin truck. Especially when you set them up like your uncles.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by wreedCTD
i personally think the new turbo and the LATEST FLASH will fix your problems. key word LATEST FLASH!!!
It's been flashed 4 times! I hope the new turbo and a new flash will fix it
Old 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM

the gmc is a gorgeous truch only AFTER you put new wheels and tires on it and probably do something with that ugly front bumper. Dang nice trucks...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:11 PM

If you are tired of bringing your 6.7 back & want something that is really tested & like the mega, why don't you go and get one of the remaining 5.9s? There are still several out there & I've seen them in all trim levels here excluding the rare laramie G56. The 6.7 is the future with the auto & the quietness, but the 5.9 is the reliable choice at this point....
Old 09-18-2007, 05:47 PM

An older dude with Pilot Car stickers on his '07 or maybe '08 (that he couldn't tell me whether 5.9 or 6.7 until he popped the hood) said he has about 1K miles with no trouble. He said it goes like he's never seen a diesel do before. Said it's got jake brake and everything.

I wished him all the best of luck with the emissions stuff!

And dang that thing was QUIET when he took off!

I bet they will get the bugs worked out before too long...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
I'll 2nd that! Any time I've takin a trip or even the long grade we have here, I see the same thing. The way I see it, I may not make it to the top of the hill the fastest, but at least I know I'll make it everytime!
Not to start a peeing match here but I just have to say that the Dmaxes you saw pulled over had to be LB7's or LLY's they had big overheating issues. If they were LBZ's you wouldn't have seen them because they would have been over the other side and on their way QUICK!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM

I always get a kick out of folks bragging how they have 5,000 miles on their truck and no problems. It's like they're amazed that an Amercian designed and manufactured truck can actually run that long without a tow; like wow I got a good one!! Now with the news that Toyota has completed the engineering for a Tundra diesel and is forcing their dealerships to beef up their service capacity to support increased sales, one can only wonder how long before they start outselling the big three with diesels. Me and my 93 aren't complaining as I don't have all the electronics to deal with and besides my million mile truck with only 80k on the clock will long outlast me.

If this sounds sarcastic, it was meant to be, as the big 3 are playing us for fools, experimenting on us with unproven and poorly engineered designs, and we get to pay bucks for the privilage.
Use to be a die hard Dodge fan, now the only thing left in my "fleet" is my truck; my 5 cars are all Honda.

John
Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM

I actually like the front end of the Chevy's better than the GMC.....guess it's just a matter of personal preference

Quick Reply: 6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD