3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
praise jeebus for my 12 valve!
Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM

i also think it is more a dealer problem. I believe the truck needs the latest flash and all should be well. Send your friend to another dealer telling them to flash the ECM with the latest software.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by deereguy07
... Its new and you have to expect bugs. ...
Dodge & Cummins have had about 4 years advanced warning of the new emissions regs ... the "1st year model with emissions" excuse has worn too thin. Four years is more than enought time to design and test ... but obviously the time was not well spend by either company. Once again the customer is left holding the bag it appears and only hurts Dodge/Cummins in the end.

One person with problems will tell hundreds of his/her troubles. Word of mouth is really hurting Dodge ... and they appear to deserve it with their poor customer service.

I can say that I have only seen 2 new 6.7l trucks up here in NH and down in Mass in the past 6 months. I have yet to see the new chassie-cab with the 6.7l on the road. I know that the dealer I bought my truck from in '96 said that the 6.7l are not moving at all and the ones he has have been there a LONG time (this was 4 weeks ago).

Give you that warm-and-fuzzy feeling doesn't it?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 PM

Im sure Cummins had the software right but then Dodge got it at screwed with it, and from what i understand now all problems have been fixed in the latest software update.

Oh and i have seen at least 100 6.7s on the road here in Texas. I can tell because the DPF hangs lower than the frame.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
All the new diesels (Dodge,Ford,GM) are having teething problems.
You might want to check out the Chevy/GM forums. The DMax and the ultra low emission equipment is working as designed
Old 09-17-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Arkapigdiesel
You might want to check out the Chevy/GM forums. The DMax and the ultra low emission equipment is working as designed
10k on my uncles emission system equipped dmax with NO problems. it is a awesome truck, dodge has ALOT of catchup to do in regards to interior.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by FATCAT
One person with problems will tell hundreds of his/her troubles. Word of mouth is really hurting Dodge ... and they appear to deserve it with their poor customer service.
Yep, thats why Dodge was the only truck that posted a gain in August.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's got to be more to this. We have 3 6.7L in the family with a combined mileaged of around 24k. Only one truck had a regen issue, once. No other problems. All three truck built in the March/April time frame.

Has me wondering if there's some crappy fuel being delivered that's not really ULSD.

MikeyB
Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyB
Has me wondering if there's some crappy fuel being delivered that's not really ULSD.

MikeyB
I could very well see that as a contributing factor. Haven't seen any issues out of the 6.7s in my neck of the woods, and they're selling like 5.9s.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

duramax is the best there is...i heard international is making the new 6.7 but dodge is badging it as a cummins

brett
Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 AM

brett,
surely you are joking. That is the craziest thing i have ever heard. It is obviously untrue...

The duramax is a sweet ride, no doubt about that. I really really wanted one but do to their recent change in body style just couldnt make myself do it. I am more than pleased with my truck.

I have drove many duramax's and test drove a LMM back to back with the 6.7 and can say they are equally impressive. The allison was a little bit smoother but the 68RE is NOTHING to complain about at all. Very close to the allison in my opinion. Overall i think the dodge 6.7 is a better truck, and thats coming from a chevy man!! Im sure the ppl that are having problems with the 6.7 will disagree but as of this point im having NO troubles what so ever and am 100% happy with my decision.

The only thing i would have changed is a bigger cab, but not as big as a mega cab, to me they just look funny until lifted.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
duramax is the best there is...i heard international is making the new 6.7 but dodge is badging it as a cummins

brett
I went over to the dieselplace this morning and looked at the LMM forums. They are also talking about regen issues, sticking turbo vanes and EGRs...Hmmmm

MikeyB
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
I went over to the dieselplace this morning and looked at the LMM forums. They are also talking about regen issues, sticking turbo vanes and EGRs...Hmmmm

MikeyB
That's what I saw also.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned

thats just the liberal media trying to trash the best thing since sliced bread.

i bet they are going to tell us that "global warming" is real next...

brett
Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM

Good luck on the lemon law. I hope they dont screw you like they did me. Be very careful and if you need any help please just ask. I was going with a Ford also but I didnt have a choice. I love my cummins but I hate dodge for what they did to me. I think Dodges quality has gone to crap. If it wasnt for cummins I dont believe dodge wouldnt sell a truck

Quick Reply: 6.7 Lemon....PLEASE HELP /going to FORD