3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fleet Guard Part numbers?

Old 09-08-2005, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet Guard Part numbers?

I need to know the part numbers for the Fleet Guard filters. I have used FRAM on all my trucks without issue. everyone here seems top be hell bent aginst FRAM so I will go with fleet guard since I have them available at work. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fleetguard Statapore oil filter #LF16035. Fuel filter #FS19579

MikeyB
Old 09-09-2005, 08:30 AM

Fuel filter FS19579
Oil LF16035, LF3972 earlier filters will work, no flutes on bottom for grip.
Air AF26106
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM

We crossed them last night from some fram numbers to fleetguard and got some different numbers, now yall got me wondering. It would suck to drain the oil and not have the right filter. Did they change something for the 05 model?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:35 PM

The numbers I have are:

oil with flutes LF16035
w/o flutes LF3894 (generally about $1 cheaper than the with flutes otherwise, exactly the same Fleetguard Stratopore filter)

Fuel FS19579

Air 26106

I know the air, fuel and oil w/o flute numbers are correct just bought them yesterday at a Cummins shop. BTW, the air filter has the green foam pre-filter just like the original. It was only $12. You may have come up with different numbers as Fleetguard has two lines of oil filters, the standard and the Stratopore. The numbers I gave are the Stratopore. You can also get these numbers from Geno's website.

http://www.genosgarage.com/
Old 09-09-2005, 08:39 PM

Wow, I dont know what fits now?
http://www.fleetguard.com/fleet/en/c...tep=6&#results
Old 09-09-2005, 09:40 PM

The link you posted doesn't work for me.

You can do several things.

1) Use the part numbers I posted. I JUST bought the stuff yesterday at a Cummins shop. You can use either oil filter number. The ONLY difference is the flutes in the end of the can.

2) go to the website I posted, Geno's Garage and look 'em up for yourself. You will find they match the ones I posted.

3) use some other numbers like the ones others have posted. Except for the 3972 oil filter number, all are correct. BTW, the 3972 oil filter posted by jkitterman is listed as for '03 to '05 Fleetguard STANDARD, not Stratopore filter and not early as he stated. It will work on your truck, but isn't the "best" filter. FYI, there are a total of six Fleetguard oil filter numbers. They are 1) '03 to '05; 2) 24 valve (98.5 to '02); 3) 12 valve. There is both a Stratopore and Standard version of each. 3X2 = 6. No one seems to use the Standard version.

4) use some other brand, but PLEASE not Fram!

5) go to a Cummins big rig shop & just tell the parts man what you want. He'll get you the right stuff. They sell to Ram owner's all the time.

6) got to a Dodge dealer and buy the stuff. You will pay three times as much as you will at the Cummins shop and get the same product, just repackaged into a MOPAR box.

All this info is readily available on the Geno's Garage website. Suggest you go take a look.

Why don't you take the numbers you came up with on your Fram to Fleetguard cross reference and check the Geno's site and see what they are. More than likely they are Standard, not Stratopore versions. If you'd posted them in your response, I could have checked 'em for you.

Seems a bit complicated, but the Geno's site has it all laid out neatly with real Cummins part numbers, not their own. Easy to understand there.

Good luck!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:25 PM

Just got back from cumins. The numbers you posted were right. The others are like you said, a lower grade filter. Gots all of them now though and got them at cost + 5%. I had a tech I know get them for me!!!. Thanks for the numbers. I still dont see what the big deal is with Fram? I had 121,000 on my powerstroke and when I would drain the oil it looked as golden as when I put it in? Almost a shame not to put more than 5000 miles on it but I did anyway. My Chevy had 171,000 with all fram and neither one missed a beat. Oh well.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:08 PM

If the air filter has green foam layer it is not the latest. Word I got from Cummins was that the foam layer type was causing air restriction and the latest had a coarse webbing as the pre-filter. I went a bought one from DC to check and sure enough no green foam.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This could be helpful. From the horses mouth
Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by AaronT
If the air filter has green foam layer it is not the latest. Word I got from Cummins was that the foam layer type was causing air restriction and the latest had a coarse webbing as the pre-filter. I went a bought one from DC to check and sure enough no green foam.
Interesting, I used the website that fschiola posted and looked up the filters. The 26106 comes up as the current air filter. AaronT, what's the part number for the one you got from DC? The Fleetguard website says the 26106 replaces DC's 53032700AA Fleetguard is Cummins parts division. I wonder why their website shows the one with the foam if Cummins says it's not correct???? I do know that my '04 came out of the factory with the foam pre-filter type.

Dmaxeter, glad you got the right stuff. As to what's the deal with Fram, the paper filtering media itself seems to be OK. It's the fact that they use cardboard for the ends of the media. Apparently that's what breaks down. Here is a study done on filters. It's a few years old, but still tells the story.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfi...lterstudy.html

Lots of people use Frams and have no problem for a lifetime. Others don't. There is a guy over on TDR who enthusiasticly defends Frams with the old "It was good enough for my grandpa, so it's good enough for me" argument. Doesn't hold water. Fram isn't the same company as it was then. It's just part of a huge holding company now. Just looking to make a max profit, not provide a good product. They are not affilated with an actual OEM manufacturer like Fleetguard. Look at the amount of money they spend on advertising compared to Fleetguard. JOIBO!
Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 PM

It seems the Cummins Service place up here.... They don't stock those filters. Seems out of all the CTDs in Fairbanks AK, all them owners either like to pay the dealer too much for stuff, or use noname/Fram stuff from Shuck's... I have to make an order of about $350 to get the filters up here without shipping charges. Which my guy said they are OUTRAGEOUS for what you get...

BTW there are a LOT of CTDs up here too... Makes me wonder...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:44 PM

Air Filter - DC's latest is/was 53032700 AB , previous was AA. This was stamped on the new filter "450G max air flow 19.12 m3/min, efficiency 99%, pressure loss at max flow 0.035 BAR"
Old 09-12-2005, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarkPaladin
It seems the Cummins Service place up here.... They don't stock those filters. Seems out of all the CTDs in Fairbanks AK, all them owners either like to pay the dealer too much for stuff, or use noname/Fram stuff from Shuck's... I have to make an order of about $350 to get the filters up here without shipping charges. Which my guy said they are OUTRAGEOUS for what you get...

BTW there are a LOT of CTDs up here too... Makes me wonder...
Have you checked on the shipping cost from Geno's?
Are you close to a KW or International dealer? They might stock them, they do down here.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:19 PM

That was the International dealer.. We have no "Cummins" shop, but they do work on cummins and carry some cummins parts. Will check with Geno's.