3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Any guesses why my 06 wont crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any guesses why my 06 wont crank

Havent drove her in a couple weeks, but did today. I was trying to get the bd cooldown timer working properly, (for some reason it shuts off the lp before the timer says its cool enough), then tried to restart and nothing

Batteries are at full charge, wiring looks intact by the starter, fuses are fine, but no cranky. Dealers problem now.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueDually
Havent drove her in a couple weeks, but did today. I was trying to get the bd cooldown timer working properly, (for some reason it shuts off the lp before the timer says its cool enough), then tried to restart and nothing

Batteries are at full charge, wiring looks intact by the starter, fuses are fine, but no cranky. Dealers problem now.
Others will probably know much more but, it sounds like you running the fuel dry by using the cool down timer.

I know on the TST older models and maybe even the new ones, there's no feed to the fuel pump when you turn the key off. It will run for a little while until all the fuel is gone out of the rails. Then when you try to restart, the rails have to fill back up with fuel to get it going.

TST is working on a relay to eliminate the problem. Apparently, you can purchase a relay for the auto parts store to accomplish the same thing.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM

No tst on the 06, BD is suspose to call back on cool down timer problem for the 06s,

True, its not shutting off the truck "properly," but before, the truck would at least crank until the lp pressured up enough. And then start. Now it doesnt crank at all.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueDually
No tst on the 06, BD is suspose to call back on cool down timer problem for the 06s,

True, its not shutting off the truck "properly," but before, the truck would at least crank until the lp pressured up enough. And then start. Now it doesnt crank at all.
Yeah, I was thinking your BD is causing the same issues the TST does as far as the timer.

Obviously the length of cool down can play a part in how much fuel is used up. maybe before when it was cranking for you, it didn't cool down as long and still had fuel???

I'm no expert by any means... just throwing out some ideas ;-)
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 PM

1st thing I'd do is unhook the BD. Then unhook the batteries (both of them) and go drink a few beers. (about an hours worth) Hook the batteries back up and see what happens. It might not fix the problem, then again, it just might. Besides, the only $$ spent is for the beer.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM

I did unhook the bd, did nothing. It was starting fine with the timer prior to this. Should have unhooked the batteries though