Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/)
-   -   Any guesses why my 06 wont crank (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-engine-drivetrain-2003-2007-102/any-guesses-why-my-06-wont-crank-130819/)

BlueDually 01-05-2007 06:08 PM

Any guesses why my 06 wont crank

Havent drove her in a couple weeks, but did today. I was trying to get the bd cooldown timer working properly, (for some reason it shuts off the lp before the timer says its cool enough), then tried to restart and nothing[yuk]

Batteries are at full charge, wiring looks intact by the starter, fuses are fine, but no cranky. Dealers problem now.

tritont 01-05-2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually (Post 1284219)
Havent drove her in a couple weeks, but did today. I was trying to get the bd cooldown timer working properly, (for some reason it shuts off the lp before the timer says its cool enough), then tried to restart and nothing[yuk]

Batteries are at full charge, wiring looks intact by the starter, fuses are fine, but no cranky. Dealers problem now.

Others will probably know much more but, it sounds like you running the fuel dry by using the cool down timer.

I know on the TST older models and maybe even the new ones, there's no feed to the fuel pump when you turn the key off. It will run for a little while until all the fuel is gone out of the rails. Then when you try to restart, the rails have to fill back up with fuel to get it going.

TST is working on a relay to eliminate the problem. Apparently, you can purchase a relay for the auto parts store to accomplish the same thing.

BlueDually 01-05-2007 06:33 PM

No tst on the 06, BD is suspose to call back on cool down timer problem for the 06s,

True, its not shutting off the truck "properly," but before, the truck would at least crank until the lp pressured up enough. And then start. Now it doesnt crank at all.

tritont 01-05-2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually (Post 1284255)
No tst on the 06, BD is suspose to call back on cool down timer problem for the 06s,

True, its not shutting off the truck "properly," but before, the truck would at least crank until the lp pressured up enough. And then start. Now it doesnt crank at all.

Yeah, I was thinking your BD is causing the same issues the TST does as far as the timer.

Obviously the length of cool down can play a part in how much fuel is used up. maybe before when it was cranking for you, it didn't cool down as long and still had fuel???

I'm no expert by any means... just throwing out some ideas ;-)

Guardrail 01-05-2007 09:31 PM

1st thing I'd do is unhook the BD. Then unhook the batteries (both of them) and go drink a few beers. (about an hours worth) Hook the batteries back up and see what happens. It might not fix the problem, then again, it just might. Besides, the only $$ spent is for the beer.[laugh]

BlueDually 01-05-2007 09:53 PM

I did unhook the bd, did nothing. It was starting fine with the timer prior to this. Should have unhooked the batteries though[duhhh]