24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Same ole dash issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same ole dash issues

well, where to begin. i struck a deal with chrysler yesterday to where they pay 40 percent of warantee cost , labor and parts, on my 01 dash. 293 dollars for everything.. problem is, i just don't trust service. i have a great relationship with the parts manager, and he always looks out for me. i am trying to make the best decision possible without it affecting my our friendship, or him feeling like i am a pest on this truck issue. fact is the only reason i go to dodge is because of my friend. believe it or not, he is still honest, sometimes i buy expensive items for truck even when i don't need them, just cus i like the way he treats me and my family. maybe because he is a family guy. my dilemma is i am afraid my truck will come out with more problems then when it when it goes in. any input would be appreciated. i do all the mechanical work on this truck, but the dash issue sucks. any input on the issue would help. should i do it or just try to pay for the part and do my own labor.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
One of their trim guys will have that dash out and the new one installed faster than you think. They know the tricks and what to watch for.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agree with busboy. For $300 dollars is worth it for them to have to mess with and I bet you will be happy.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is a write up i did. If your buddy works in parts he can probably get you a new dash for $140, that's what i got mine for from a friend that works at a Dodge dealer.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=183867
Old 10-13-2008, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice

it was great to have you guys reply with your input on this issue. fact is i love my truck, it is the last piece left from texas for me. my buddy is giving me the best price on dash, i was just debating on labor. don 't really want to mess with air bag. when it comes in , i will let them do the work. figure if the mess up, they fix it. trust me, i am very **** about my stuff. when you pay for something this espensive, it only makes sense to take care of it, it was my first new truck too. thanks you guys.