24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Lift Pump Again...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Pump Again...

NOT!!!

Last week I went started my truck for the first time in 2 weeks, (Just got back from Vacation, I actually left 'Vegas with more Dinero than I went there with!)) and the FP gauge goes to about 2-3 PSI and drops to Zero. I order a new lift pump, along with a High flow hose kit and a pusher pump from DD. (I knew I shoulda picke it up when I was there!!) I install the high flow hose kit and new lift pump today, (No time for the pusher 'till this weekend) Start her up and NO PSI!! After cursing Cummins, Carter, Dodge, and the Queen Mother, I think to myself the truck started awfully easy for a dead lift pump, (I changed the filter while I was in there) and break the line for the isolator for my DiPricol gauge, and get a nice squirt of ol' # 2. I break the Glycol line and nuttin! The line is still full and green, but no pressure. I re-fill the Isolator with Anti Freeze, and wala, 15 PSI!! Well it looks like I got me a spare lift pump afterall. So this weekend, along with my pusher pump, I am installing 6' of mister Earl's best #3 Steelbraid right through the ol' firewall, and heaven forbid inside my truck to gt rid of that (Insert explative here) Isolator. Peace Murfman