24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

fuel filter water release lever

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel filter water release lever

This is my first post so please bear with me. I have not updated my profile but will do so shortly. My problem, I just acquired a 2002 3500 dually 2-wheel drive. The vehicle did not come with an owner' manual. I intend to get one as soon as possible. Anyway, I tried to drain the water from the fuel filter but nothing came out. Could somebody please tell me which is the proper position for draining. The lever moves from the driver side front fender to the front of vehicle but it is not labled.

I want to thank everybody in this forum for all the valuable information that I have acquired lurking around. I want to thank in advance for any help that I can receive with the many questions that I will probably have in the future.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmgcatco7
This is my first post so please bear with me. I have not updated my profile but will do so shortly. My problem, I just acquired a 2002 3500 dually 2-wheel drive. The vehicle did not come with an owner' manual. I intend to get one as soon as possible. Anyway, I tried to drain the water from the fuel filter but nothing came out. Could somebody please tell me which is the proper position for draining. The lever moves from the driver side front fender to the front of vehicle but it is not labled.

I want to thank everybody in this forum for all the valuable information that I have acquired lurking around. I want to thank in advance for any help that I can receive with the many questions that I will probably have in the future.
Sounds like your moving the lever from left to right. You need to pull it "up". It's spring loaded so it won't be super easy.

Also, once you've drained it out some, be sure it completely seals up. One time after I drained mine it didn't totally seat back and I leaked some diesel on the front axle/pumpkin/etc. Did make a nice undercoating though