1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Where is Bigragu?

Old 11-11-2018, 01:10 PM
  #1  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,611
Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts
Where is Bigragu?

Has anyone heard from Augie? He hasn't posted since September in his dock build thread. ...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:08 AM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Manchester PA
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368 View Post
Has anyone heard from Augie? He hasn't posted since September in his dock build thread. ...Mark
He's alive and kicking, just talked to him yesterday. I'll tell him to hobble over to DTR in a bit.
Foxmxrcer is offline  
The following users liked this post:
maybe368 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:20 AM
  #3  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,611
Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxmxrcer View Post
He's alive and kicking, just talked to him yesterday. I'll tell him to hobble over to DTR in a bit.
Thanks man, I appreciate that.Tell that bad boy that he should call his parents, his parents being us of course...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:37 AM
  #4  
Registered User
 
bigragu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,867
Received 532 Likes on 389 Posts




hey mark!! I’m still around, lol. Been busy trying to get projects done before the weather hits. The bridge and dock are all done, all I have left to do is on the bridge and that’s handrailing and solar lamps. Gonna wait till spring for that. I am rebuilding our well house. When I first bought this place in 1995 I told myself that the well house had to go. It was so obvious whoever built it had no clue how to frame, and it ended up a rat infested, rat turd full, mess. Had my son tear it down to slab, and I am getting this thing rebuilt with the help from my son.
I pulled away from all diesel forums as my truck is still down and been two years since I drove it. I figure I’ll give myself more time to heal and get in shape and maybe this winter I’ll adress it’s issues. I’ve since switched hobbies back to shooting, in particular the high powered pre charged pneumatic air rifles. What a kick in the pants! Not one squirrel left around here to mess with my dogs or pass on their flea and tick infestation. Target shooting out in the front lawn, what a joy, lol.
Ill be back on here should I run into problems fine tuning my brakes. That’s really all I have k fr to do.
on another positive note, I hired a trainer to help get me back into shape. So much of the nutrition knowledge I had has become old school. This guy set me straight, dropped almost 20 lbs, and am back in the swing of training again. It’s a lot harder with a fused back, that’s for sure. Definitely no ab crunches for me, lol

thanks for checking up on me, Mark. I hope all has been well with the DTR 1stGen family. Happy thanksgiving to all!!
bigragu is offline  
The following 4 users liked this post by bigragu:
maybe368 (11-12-2018), nonrev (11-12-2018), PapeCAT (11-12-2018), thrashingcows (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:45 AM
  #5  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 918
Received 253 Likes on 158 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing good Augie. Looks like you've been making a lot of saw dust around there.
Angry Johnny is offline  
The following users liked this post:
maybe368 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM
  #6  
Registered User
 
bigragu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,867
Received 532 Likes on 389 Posts
These two projects, the bridge and the dock, pretty much took up all of our summer. My son is probably regretting moving back home, as I’m sure putting the screws to him with this work load. He’s pretty much my “back” for all these builds. I just do the design, planning, and the guy running the saw.
bigragu is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:01 PM
  #7  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,611
Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts
Thanks for checking in Augie. Glad to here that you are working out again. While my back is good, I have had a few trials in my life and I had to start all over a couple of times. It's difficult, but strong guys like us can do it, Keep us posted...Mark P.S. Stay out of the way of those fires too...
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:59 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
bigragu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,867
Received 532 Likes on 389 Posts
Originally Posted by maybe368 View Post
Thanks for checking in Augie. Glad to here that you are working out again. While my back is good, I have had a few trials in my life and I had to start all over a couple of times. It's difficult, but strong guys like us can do it, Keep us posted...Mark P.S. Stay out of the way of those fires too...
those fires in paradise, CA are just pretty much down the street. About 3 hours maybe a bit less from me. Man, the town is pretty much gone. The entire town. Also, to date, 23 folks passed for sure. Fire is a big big concern where I live. Our neighbors are all good about keeping an eye out and letting everyone know. We do the same. We actually had a neighborhood pow wow after last years fire that burned 20 acres right next to me, and decided that certain families were in charge of certain elderly neighbors. Should something happen, we go and pick this 80+ year old woman up. She also knows that we are her go to.

the fields surrounding my pond are all irrigated. The plan is if a fire heads our way one switch turns on all the sprinklers. Itís not the end all to slowing down a fire, but at least itís something. My wife runs our riding mower, and keeps that area mowed really low to the dirt.
We have been told by the local fire dept. that should a catastrophic blaze ever come about, our property was going to be home base for the fire trucks and crew, just due to the layout, and the two acre pond that they can pull water from. So, in a big way, thatís great to know.
bigragu is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:44 PM
  #9  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,611
Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxmxrcer View Post
He's alive and kicking, just talked to him yesterday. I'll tell him to hobble over to DTR in a bit.
Originally Posted by bigragu View Post

those fires in paradise, CA are just pretty much down the street. About 3 hours maybe a bit less from me. Man, the town is pretty much gone. The entire town. Also, to date, 23 folks passed for sure. Fire is a big big concern where I live. Our neighbors are all good about keeping an eye out and letting everyone know. We do the same. We actually had a neighborhood pow wow after last years fire that burned 20 acres right next to me, and decided that certain families were in charge of certain elderly neighbors. Should something happen, we go and pick this 80+ year old woman up. She also knows that we are her go to.

the fields surrounding my pond are all irrigated. The plan is if a fire heads our way one switch turns on all the sprinklers. It’s not the end all to slowing down a fire, but at least it’s something. My wife runs our riding mower, and keeps that area mowed really low to the dirt.
We have been told by the local fire dept. that should a catastrophic blaze ever come about, our property was going to be home base for the fire trucks and crew, just due to the layout, and the two acre pond that they can pull water from. So, in a big way, that’s great to know.

Man that sucks. That is good news about the FD. I was going to suggest that you buy an old pumper (fire engine) and keep her on your property. Heck, I'll come over there and teach you how to use it. If you can somehow put in sprinklers that can hit your roof, that would help. When we are protecting exposures to the fire, we put the water on the exposure, not the fire (or both if we can, but the exposure if not). Down the road, a do it your selfer like yourself, could retrofit an interior sprinkler system, that would also be a big help. Good luck...Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 03:03 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
bigragu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,867
Received 532 Likes on 389 Posts
I’ve actually thought about running 4- 1” hard galvanized pipes with long throw sprinklers at the gable ends of my house, that would just spray down my entire roof constantly while I had power. The problem I am seeing is PGE electric has currently made it habit once a fire is known, all power gets shut off in that area. My irrigation pump is electric, so you see where I’m going with this, lol. I heard that fire in Paradise started from a transformer that blew.

I need to invest in a high horsepower trash pump. I have an irrigation ditch that runs thru my property that also fills my pond. If I set that gas driven pump next to that ditch and tie those sprinkler heads to that, it’s just a matter of throwing the intake hose of that pump into the irrigation ditch and turn the pump on.
theres downsides to all these plans, but at least it’s something.
bigragu is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 03:10 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
bigragu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,867
Received 532 Likes on 389 Posts
I just had my whole house re roofed, and code here in my area is to have gutter screens in or no inspection passed. I invested in these screens called easy on screens. Come to find out my neighbors brother invented these, and my neighbor stores screens at his house. Costco had the best price on these at a $1.50/foot. These screens are awesome. Not one pine needle will make it into my gutters, and the screen is made of all aluminum and stainless steel.

Screening off off your gutters adds to fire protection
bigragu is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 04:04 PM
  #12  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
maybe368's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,611
Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu View Post
I just had my whole house re roofed, and code here in my area is to have gutter screens in or no inspection passed. I invested in these screens called easy on screens. Come to find out my neighbors brother invented these, and my neighbor stores screens at his house. Costco had the best price on these at a $1.50/foot. These screens are awesome. Not one pine needle will make it into my gutters, and the screen is made of all aluminum and stainless steel.

Screening off off your gutters adds to fire protection
Sounds good, a good 50 foot radius clear cut is a good idea too.I know that people love trees around the house, just not a good idea in high risk wild land areas. Take a look here:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Cat egory&additionalParams=true&sortOption=ad&timing=B ySimple&timingType=&category=94K&rowCount=10&Start Row=1

Who knows? You might just get a really good deal, you can never have enough fire protection. Also, maybe a 5000 watt Honda generator dedicated to running your pumps in case of power outage..Mark
maybe368 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mknittle
1st Gen. Ram - All Topics
64
04-09-2018 12:43 PM
mknittle
1st Gen. Ram - All Topics
24
09-08-2016 08:08 AM
Ace
1st Gen. Ram - All Topics
10
10-18-2006 08:48 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where is Bigragu?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.