Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Where is Bigragu? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/where-bigragu-331169/)

maybe368 11-11-2018 01:10 PM

Where is Bigragu?

Has anyone heard from Augie? He hasn't posted since September in his dock build thread. ...Mark

Foxmxrcer 11-12-2018 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368 (Post 3354951)
Has anyone heard from Augie? He hasn't posted since September in his dock build thread. ...Mark

He's alive and kicking, just talked to him yesterday. I'll tell him to hobble over to DTR in a bit.

maybe368 11-12-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Foxmxrcer (Post 3354995)
He's alive and kicking, just talked to him yesterday. I'll tell him to hobble over to DTR in a bit.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.Tell that bad boy that he should call his parents, his parents being us of course...Mark

bigragu 11-12-2018 11:37 AM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...1e099eff6.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...5ce0a3192.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...85355b0ad.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...b8bf98f10.jpeg
hey mark!! I’m still around, lol. Been busy trying to get projects done before the weather hits. The bridge and dock are all done, all I have left to do is on the bridge and that’s handrailing and solar lamps. Gonna wait till spring for that. I am rebuilding our well house. When I first bought this place in 1995 I told myself that the well house had to go. It was so obvious whoever built it had no clue how to frame, and it ended up a rat infested, rat turd full, mess. Had my son tear it down to slab, and I am getting this thing rebuilt with the help from my son.
I pulled away from all diesel forums as my truck is still down and been two years since I drove it. I figure I’ll give myself more time to heal and get in shape and maybe this winter I’ll adress it’s issues. I’ve since switched hobbies back to shooting, in particular the high powered pre charged pneumatic air rifles. What a kick in the pants! Not one squirrel left around here to mess with my dogs or pass on their flea and tick infestation. Target shooting out in the front lawn, what a joy, lol.
Ill be back on here should I run into problems fine tuning my brakes. That’s really all I have k fr to do.
on another positive note, I hired a trainer to help get me back into shape. So much of the nutrition knowledge I had has become old school. This guy set me straight, dropped almost 20 lbs, and am back in the swing of training again. It’s a lot harder with a fused back, that’s for sure. Definitely no ab crunches for me, lol

thanks for checking up on me, Mark. I hope all has been well with the DTR 1stGen family. Happy thanksgiving to all!!

Angry Johnny 11-12-2018 11:45 AM

Glad to hear you're doing good Augie. Looks like you've been making a lot of saw dust around there.

bigragu 11-12-2018 11:57 AM

These two projects, the bridge and the dock, pretty much took up all of our summer. My son is probably regretting moving back home, as I’m sure putting the screws to him with this work load. He’s pretty much my “back” for all these builds. I just do the design, planning, and the guy running the saw.

maybe368 11-12-2018 12:01 PM

Thanks for checking in Augie. Glad to here that you are working out again. While my back is good, I have had a few trials in my life and I had to start all over a couple of times. It's difficult, but strong guys like us can do it, Keep us posted...Mark P.S. Stay out of the way of those fires too...

bigragu 11-12-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368 (Post 3355003)
Thanks for checking in Augie. Glad to here that you are working out again. While my back is good, I have had a few trials in my life and I had to start all over a couple of times. It's difficult, but strong guys like us can do it, Keep us posted...Mark P.S. Stay out of the way of those fires too...

those fires in paradise, CA are just pretty much down the street. About 3 hours maybe a bit less from me. Man, the town is pretty much gone. The entire town. Also, to date, 23 folks passed for sure. Fire is a big big concern where I live. Our neighbors are all good about keeping an eye out and letting everyone know. We do the same. We actually had a neighborhood pow wow after last years fire that burned 20 acres right next to me, and decided that certain families were in charge of certain elderly neighbors. Should something happen, we go and pick this 80+ year old woman up. She also knows that we are her go to.

the fields surrounding my pond are all irrigated. The plan is if a fire heads our way one switch turns on all the sprinklers. It’s not the end all to slowing down a fire, but at least it’s something. My wife runs our riding mower, and keeps that area mowed really low to the dirt.
We have been told by the local fire dept. that should a catastrophic blaze ever come about, our property was going to be home base for the fire trucks and crew, just due to the layout, and the two acre pond that they can pull water from. So, in a big way, that’s great to know.

maybe368 11-12-2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Foxmxrcer (Post 3354995)

Originally Posted by bigragu (Post 3355006)

those fires in paradise, CA are just pretty much down the street. About 3 hours maybe a bit less from me. Man, the town is pretty much gone. The entire town. Also, to date, 23 folks passed for sure. Fire is a big big concern where I live. Our neighbors are all good about keeping an eye out and letting everyone know. We do the same. We actually had a neighborhood pow wow after last years fire that burned 20 acres right next to me, and decided that certain families were in charge of certain elderly neighbors. Should something happen, we go and pick this 80+ year old woman up. She also knows that we are her go to.

the fields surrounding my pond are all irrigated. The plan is if a fire heads our way one switch turns on all the sprinklers. It’s not the end all to slowing down a fire, but at least it’s something. My wife runs our riding mower, and keeps that area mowed really low to the dirt.
We have been told by the local fire dept. that should a catastrophic blaze ever come about, our property was going to be home base for the fire trucks and crew, just due to the layout, and the two acre pond that they can pull water from. So, in a big way, that’s great to know.

Man that sucks. That is good news about the FD. I was going to suggest that you buy an old pumper (fire engine) and keep her on your property. Heck, I'll come over there and teach you how to use it. If you can somehow put in sprinklers that can hit your roof, that would help. When we are protecting exposures to the fire, we put the water on the exposure, not the fire (or both if we can, but the exposure if not). Down the road, a do it your selfer like yourself, could retrofit an interior sprinkler system, that would also be a big help. Good luck...Mark

bigragu 11-12-2018 03:03 PM

I’ve actually thought about running 4- 1” hard galvanized pipes with long throw sprinklers at the gable ends of my house, that would just spray down my entire roof constantly while I had power. The problem I am seeing is PGE electric has currently made it habit once a fire is known, all power gets shut off in that area. My irrigation pump is electric, so you see where I’m going with this, lol. I heard that fire in Paradise started from a transformer that blew.

I need to invest in a high horsepower trash pump. I have an irrigation ditch that runs thru my property that also fills my pond. If I set that gas driven pump next to that ditch and tie those sprinkler heads to that, it’s just a matter of throwing the intake hose of that pump into the irrigation ditch and turn the pump on.
theres downsides to all these plans, but at least it’s something.

bigragu 11-12-2018 03:10 PM

I just had my whole house re roofed, and code here in my area is to have gutter screens in or no inspection passed. I invested in these screens called easy on screens. Come to find out my neighbors brother invented these, and my neighbor stores screens at his house. Costco had the best price on these at a $1.50/foot. These screens are awesome. Not one pine needle will make it into my gutters, and the screen is made of all aluminum and stainless steel.

Screening off off your gutters adds to fire protection

maybe368 11-12-2018 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu (Post 3355014)
I just had my whole house re roofed, and code here in my area is to have gutter screens in or no inspection passed. I invested in these screens called easy on screens. Come to find out my neighbors brother invented these, and my neighbor stores screens at his house. Costco had the best price on these at a $1.50/foot. These screens are awesome. Not one pine needle will make it into my gutters, and the screen is made of all aluminum and stainless steel.

Screening off off your gutters adds to fire protection

Sounds good, a good 50 foot radius clear cut is a good idea too.I know that people love trees around the house, just not a good idea in high risk wild land areas. Take a look here:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.AdvSearchResultsNew&searchPg=Cat egory&additionalParams=true&sortOption=ad&timing=B ySimple&timingType=&category=94K&rowCount=10&Start Row=1

Who knows? You might just get a really good deal, you can never have enough fire protection. Also, maybe a 5000 watt Honda generator dedicated to running your pumps in case of power outage..Mark