1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Soooo I just got into a wreck!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soooo I just got into a wreck!

I was driving home from work, just pulled onto my road when some idiot decided to turn right in front of me. He was driving an s-10 Blazer. I T-boned him bigger then edit. My truck is a 91, 1-ton. I only had a minute to look at the damage but Im sure The radiator in toast due to all my antifreeze pouring out all over the place. I assume the innercooler. The passenger side fender, door, bumper, grill, headlight, radiator support, hood, and what ever else is damaged under the hood. How is this going to play out? It was not my fault. Is my truck going to be totalled, are parts available to fix it? I have had this truck for like 3 weeks! I just put some gauges in it, ordered some parts for the pump and turbo, I am not happy.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just be glad you are okay. Trucks can be replaced, you can't. Having said that I'm sure the insurance will total it. In the morning call your insurance agent and let him handle it if you have full coverage. What kind of coverage do you have? Did the Police come and make a report? Any tickets issued? Since the truck is not driveable take the plates off it and turn them in for a refund.

You'll feel better and think clearer in the morning.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Sorry to here about your truck. Glad you didn't get hurt. I know it would break my heart to wreck mine. I guess if I was in your shoes, I would put the engine and tranny in another truck. Salvage what you can and part out the rest. I know most people don't carry full coverage and a truck that age. Just hope the other dude has insurance. And Geico, we dont turn in license plates in Texas. I know some states do but not here.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:42 PM

I say let em total it, then you buy it back... buy a crewcab.. and START BUILDING son..you'll end up with a bada$$ truck that you will never want to sell..
Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Den

/me bows head in a moment of silence

Den
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 PM

I got in a wreck in mine right after I got the twins in. I thought the insurance was going to tatal it. I gathered up all of my reciepts just in case they tried. They decided that they are going to fix it now. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Hey if they do total it just buy it back and if its not that bad you can get the parts and fix it and it might leave you with some money left over to get some more mods. How much did you buy the pickup for? I am sure everything will work out one way or another.

Stomp
Old 01-05-2005, 10:51 PM

Sorry to hear about the truck. I'm just a newbie here, but i say if the insurance company totals it buy it back from them and find yourself a fairly nice to really nice extended cab or crew cab and start transfering and building. And like CrewCabCummins said, make yourself a really bada$$ truck that you can mod out big time.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:32 PM

Dang, I sure hate to hear about that. I think we have the best trucks on the road. Don't give up on it.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:44 AM

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I am just playing the waiting game now. I am pretty sure I want to keep it and build a new truck, a crew cab has a nice ring to it. I will keep you all posted.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck, but am glad you're okay. At least keep the engine!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Soooo I just got into a wreck!

Originally posted by 91beater
I was driving home from work, just pulled onto my road when some idiot decided to turn right in front of me. He was driving an s-10 Blazer. I T-boned him bigger then edit. My truck is a 91, 1-ton. I only had a minute to look at the damage but Im sure The radiator in toast due to all my antifreeze pouring out all over the place. I assume the innercooler. The passenger side fender, door, bumper, grill, headlight, radiator support, hood, and what ever else is damaged under the hood. How is this going to play out? It was not my fault. Is my truck going to be totalled, are parts available to fix it? I have had this truck for like 3 weeks! I just put some gauges in it, ordered some parts for the pump and turbo, I am not happy.
I do crash work for a living and what you describe sounds like it needs a used nose plus a door and maybe some frame alignment.Without knowing more I would take a guess at thirtyfive hundred or so and if they find the other guy at fault the Ins.co.should pay up to ACV.of the truck and you can keep it doesn't go above total as you are in a property damage situation.If you go through your ins.co.they might total it at 80% of ACV.if the damage goes that high.As someone said these trucks run over book value to an extent.Good luck and good judgment. Al