1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Something I've noticed while looking at old posts when searching

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 10:54 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Something I've noticed while looking at old posts when searching

It could be a five replyer post, it could be a 4 pager, but it's unfortunate that some of the posts the original poster always seems to say " I'll post up my findings/results and get back to you all" but never does. Perfect example was last night I read up on 20+ pages on anything cable related looking for folks that may have used Raybestos cables and I see a post on someone with a possible source for the transmission shift cable, or the TV cable. Says he has a source, and will get back to everyone in hopes to put in the stickies. Never replied back. I could go on, but you all know what I mean. Me, I'm just still learning. Been on this site over 10 years, and every once in awhile( lately a lot) I get myself caught up in a swirl of fix its, and combined with a tad of OCD, feel compelled to offer up my findings in large posts such as this. Not perfect by all means, but I feel obligated, especially since I've learned from the professionals on here. I guess the whole jist of this post is to hopefully get some to post their findings and results, wether good or bad, just to give newbies like me relief, LOL! Especially posts that involve parts, as parts for our rigs are getting scarce. There are a few on here, I must say, that always follow thru with findings, results, part numbers, and even go the extra mile with heads up stuff in safety warnings, tips for installations, etc. to those I would like to say thank you
Old 10-31-2015, 11:27 PM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
Yeah I've noticed that as well. I always try and thank the people who actually do follow through with parts, info and sources required to fix their problems.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:38 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Yeah I've noticed that as well. I always try and thank the people who actually do follow through with parts, info and sources required to fix their problems.
Yeah !

LIKE you did when I asked you to post part numbers here:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...2/#post3287396

Old 11-01-2015, 07:47 AM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
That seems to be a problem everywhere. Another problem is the op will have deleted the photos (like 50% of the stickies)
Old 11-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bigragu
I would like to say thank you
It's a volunteer forum. People solve their problems, and move on to the process of driving (or selling off) their rides.

Human nature, I would suspect.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
It could be a five replyer post, it could be a 4 pager, but it's unfortunate that some of the posts the original poster always seems to say " I'll post up my findings/results and get back to you all" but never does. Perfect example was last night I read up on 20+ pages on anything cable related looking for folks that may have used Raybestos cables and I see a post on someone with a possible source for the transmission shift cable, or the TV cable. Says he has a source, and will get back to everyone in hopes to put in the stickies. Never replied back. I could go on, but you all know what I mean. Me, I'm just still learning. Been on this site over 10 years, and every once in awhile( lately a lot) I get myself caught up in a swirl of fix its, and combined with a tad of OCD, feel compelled to offer up my findings in large posts such as this. Not perfect by all means, but I feel obligated, especially since I've learned from the professionals on here. I guess the whole jist of this post is to hopefully get some to post their findings and results, wether good or bad, just to give newbies like me relief, LOL! Especially posts that involve parts, as parts for our rigs are getting scarce. There are a few on here, I must say, that always follow thru with findings, results, part numbers, and even go the extra mile with heads up stuff in safety warnings, tips for installations, etc. to those I would like to say thank you
x3 Id like to think that ive finished with results but not sure😕
Old 11-01-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by diesel402004
x3 Id like to think that ive finished with results but not sure😕
Also one of the reasons why there are. 8 million threads about the same issue, brakes bleeding for example, and one or two about others. Would be nice to have them combined together to make it more efficient. Since Faith/Dave dropped off the planet, things haven't been as well organized.

Btw, No offense to the other mods
Old 11-01-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Also one of the reasons why there are. 8 million threads about the same issue, brakes bleeding for example, and one or two about others. Would be nice to have them combined together to make it more efficient. Since Faith/Dave dropped off the planet, things haven't been as well organized.

Btw, No offense to the other mods
. I nominate you and J Martin to follow in their shoes We'd have a combo of this and this. I've seen some of your earlier posts, TMan, and you've like blossomed to one that's doing "How to" posts now, and JM with his school of Electrical Troubleshooting Theory, hey, we'd all be ok then
Old 11-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by peckens
That seems to be a problem everywhere. Another problem is the op will have deleted the photos (like 50% of the stickies)
They should do like I do, put them on flikr, then forget all login info. The fotos are as safe as can be ...Mark
Old 11-01-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Yeah !

LIKE you did when I asked you to post part numbers here:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...2/#post3287396

Doooh....