Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Traveling from Georgia to Iowa, Need Anything Hauled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling from Georgia to Iowa, Need Anything Hauled?

I will be traveling from Atlanta, Georgia to Dubuque, Iowa next week either 4/5 or 4/6. I will be going up empty quite possibly with a trailer. Does anyone need anything brought from the South to the North?
Old 03-31-2006, 02:14 PM

Don't even think about trying to haul for hire without authority in TN or IA . Pickups without MC and DOT numbers are favorite targets for DOT there .
Old 03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RickG
Don't even think about trying to haul for hire without authority in TN or IA . Pickups without MC and DOT numbers are favorite targets for DOT there .
I think he is just offering a slight favor for a fellow DTR member.... I wouldn't think that a few bucks to help with fuel costs could get him in any hot water with the DOT, expecially if he doesn't have any commercial name on his truck. All he has to tell the nice officer is that he is hauling personal property.

To clarify a little more.... unless he has a BOL or some other type of shipping paperwork they can only stop him, question him, and then tell him to have a safe trip.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:21 PM

DANGIT!!, I wish I knew that 2 weeks ago, there was a guy around GA, {I think} that had a black powdercoated crossovertoolbox/dogbox combo for $150. I would ave loved to have it, but to dang far to ship!!lol, oh well!! it was a good thought.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:42 PM

Yeah...this is not "for hire" but a few bucks would be nice....I will be in my truck and be pulling an enclosed 6x12 trailer.

I didn't know earlier doodah or I would have posted....I am hoping somone can utilized the bed or trailer...just trying to help out.

You know Carma....maybe next time I wont have to drive 800 miles to pick up a mower...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:40 PM

Plans are confirmed. We will be making the trip from Atlanta to Dubuque on Wednesday 4/5 and coming back on Saturday the 8th or Sunday the 9th. I don't know if I will be coming back full or not but there may be room if someone needs something brought back.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM

Wow ... that is a cool thing to offer !! Wish I needed something to be hauled just to get a chance to shake your hand !!

PISTOL
Old 04-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PsRumors
Yeah...this is not "for hire" but a few bucks would be nice....I will be in my truck and be pulling an enclosed 6x12 trailer.

I didn't know earlier doodah or I would have posted....I am hoping somone can utilized the bed or trailer...just trying to help out.

You know Carma....maybe next time I wont have to drive 800 miles to pick up a mower...
USHIP.COM You probly could have found somthing to take that would have helped pay the fuel cost But it is a little late now. It is kind of neet people post what they need moved and the drivers bid on it.