Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

horse trailer lq remodel

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
horse trailer lq remodel

For the past 4 days a co worker and I have been remodeling the lq on my Wil ro horse trailer that I got bought this summer. Thankfully my friend is a great carpenter and knows his stuff, I thought I would share some pics of the progress. The windows were a pain to frame out. The ceiling had been isulated w/ foam so I left that. On the slant wall there will be a 30"x 6' bed the will fold down off the wall. We made it with 1" square tubing. The underside will have paneling that matches the walls so it will blend in when it's folded up. I am also doing a soft touch ceiling. I will update as progress continues.
Attached Thumbnails horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-4.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-7.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-6.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-5.jpg  

Old 12-30-2007, 02:50 PM

Here is a sample of the ceiling material, it's a faux suede. And pics of the switch plate and lights.
Attached Thumbnails horse trailer lq remodel-lighted-sconce.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wall-light.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonna be sweet.....looking good so far!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Nice, I'll be watching this post. My trailer doesn't have the living qtr area finished out yet and I plan on starting that project soon.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:01 PM

It's nice having the shop @ work, it's been darn cold (-15 @ night). Took the wife today to help finish up the insulating, first time she has seen it in person. She was happy, thankfully.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm looking at getting a stock combo trailer with out the LQ and putting them in myself...really like what you've done so far.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm no carpenter, my co worker has helped me out big time, of course I'm paying him. I would of cut everything with a chain saw.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Here is some pics with paneling and 1 bench/storage box.
Attached Thumbnails horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-8.jpg   horse trailer lq remodel-wil-ro-inside-9.jpg  
Old 01-05-2008, 08:48 PM

Great job!

Great job! Where did you find that lamp??
Old 01-06-2008, 08:35 PM

It came from here.
http://indooroutdoorproducts.com/
Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 PM

Looking REALLY good!

I'm only partway through doing overnighter LQ in out big 5 horse Trail-Et, the cold and damp winter weather stopped me - The sidewalls are insulated from the factory, with sheet steel liners, so they were pretty easy, but the overhead (one piece fiberglass roof) will require insulation and adhesives - better to do that when its warm and dry. I'm looking at using closed cell foam to insulate, then putting up faux leather overhead.

I used it halfway done last fall, for our big year end horse show and to take the young stud up to Canada for his inspection - sure is nice to have a place to sleep, eat and keep all the stuff warm and dry!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM

I have an Xpress LQ trailer. I would have liked to do it myself but just not enough time for the project, plus I am on the road rodeoing every weekend. My new trailer has the Leather walls. Looks kind of cool!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:44 PM

Here is a picture of my trailer. Has ultra leather walls..
Attached Thumbnails horse trailer lq remodel-my-lq-trailer.jpg  
Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

When we were looking at trailers last summer, we looked at a few with the faux leather walls, and none of them looked 'clean" after having been used a few times.
not big grunge marks or anything, but you could tell they werent clean.
we went with the plastic-panel type stuff that can be scrubbed down easily, since I am a slob and get dirty when we are at shows and out on the trail.....
Old 03-30-2008, 05:39 PM

Almost done!

It been a while but I am finally almost done. Getting close to 1k for total in materials and labor from my co-worker.

A custom made bed out of plywood. 6' x 30". Attached to slant wall with a piano hinge and 2 legs for support.

A small but useable removeable table.

Free commercial grade carpet (left over from new carpet at work). Bed is in up postion and table is stowed away.
Attached Thumbnails horse trailer lq remodel-carpet-no-table-bed-up.jpg  
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: horse trailer lq remodel