Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

CIPA Towing Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**** Towing Mirrors

I'm looking at getting a set of **** extendable electric mirrors from Gino's. Is anyone running these mirrors? Are there some others I should look at around the same price or cheaper?
Old 08-31-2007, 08:34 PM

How much do you tow?

That was the question I asked myself to weigh the options of a permanent towing mirror versus a temporary.

I like the **** mirrors (not the slip over your factory mirror) for quality and function, but not the price. Power Vision is way out of my price range. If I towed most of the time the **** is my choice even over the Dodge towing mirror

The slip on mirrors all vibrate way too much for me.

I fianlly went with a set of McKesh towing mirrors. They look really bad on the truck, but I love the versatility. They extend further than any other mirror I checked out. The passenger side vibrates slightly, but I can still read signs in reverse. They remove when I don't tow. The $100 bill was easy to swallow.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a set from some place on the net a while back. There was a thread about the site having them mis-marked for $150 so I called and they honored the price. Anyway, I absolutely love them. Now I can see what's beside me without having to clip on my junky old tow mirrors. They do make my truck look like Dumbo and his big ears but bigger tires would cure that. Installation took about 1hr with no modifications. You can't go wrong.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hamilton71801
I got a set from some place on the net a while back. There was a thread about the site having them mis-marked for $150 so I called and they honored the price. Anyway, I absolutely love them. Now I can see what's beside me without having to clip on my junky old tow mirrors. They do make my truck look like Dumbo and his big ears but bigger tires would cure that. Installation took about 1hr with no modifications. You can't go wrong.
I got the same KILLER deal on the ****'s from supertruckusa.com when I called them and checked to see if the website price was correct and the guy said yeah he had sold quite a few sets lately. I ordered them over the phone and they showed up on my doorstep 3 days later. A day after I had ordered them,,,, they changed the price on the website ad.

It took a little getting used to the different look,,,, (Kind of a cross between Alfred E. Newman & Dumbo) But they work great. Electrically adjustable and heated with no vibration.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 AM

How much do you tow?
My trailer is only 26 FT from coupler to tail. Right now I can safely change lanes when the road is straight, but when I get into a slight right hand turn, I'm as blind as a bat out the driver side. This typically comes into factor when I want to hop into the left lane to pass while climbing a 6% or hit the left lane to roll by a Jake Braker when decending the same hill. Of course all hills in AZ go around corners so I just wanna extend my vision out a bit. I will not get snap or clip-on extensions. What I want are extendable electric mirrors.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:20 PM

No killer deals for me. I got mine at genos also and love them. No issues and easy install. I like the view of the ***** better than my 04 tow mirrors on my old truck.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by PChouinard
My trailer is only 26 FT from coupler to tail. Right now I can safely change lanes when the road is straight, but when I get into a slight right hand turn, I'm as blind as a bat out the driver side. This typically comes into factor when I want to hop into the left lane to pass while climbing a 6% or hit the left lane to roll by a Jake Braker when decending the same hill. Of course all hills in AZ go around corners so I just wanna extend my vision out a bit. I will not get snap or clip-on extensions. What I want are extendable electric mirrors.
Sorry, I wasn't asking for length or type of trailer. I was asking the percentage of towing versus empty.
I haul my camper most of the summer. I periodically tow wide trailers with and without my camper. In the fall-winter-spring almost none. That percentage swayed my factor. I also don't like the look of towing mirrors. The McKesh temp mirrors were the type that satisfied my needs. Trust me when I say they can go wider than any other towing mirror I have seen.

For your requirements, I think the **** is the best choice over other options. Good solid product.

-John
Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 AM

Thanks alot folks. Looks like I'll be stuffing the pickle jar to save for the ****'s. I'm not into the temporary thing. I like to get what I want and cry once...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:34 AM

They do make my truck look like Dumbo and his big ears
Holy Moley.. I just got these vanity (****) mirrors in the mail today. Am I gonna need bigger door hinges or what. I'll bet I can see yesterday in them... I'll post a pic when I get them mounted...Thanx for the replies yall..........

Last edited by PChouinard; 09-22-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-22-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PChouinard
Holy Moley.. I just got these vanity (****) mirrors in the mail today. Am I gonna need bigger door hinges or what. I'll bet I can see yesterday in them... I'll post a pic when I get them mounted...Thanx for the replies yall..........
Which ones did you wind up getting?
Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've got the ****'s on my '01. I really like htem, much better than the tiny little stock ones.

However I do have one beef, they don't angle in far enough. With the mirrors fully extended I cann't power in the passenger side mirror enough to see down the side of the truck, makes for a huge blind spot. I bought huge convex mirrors to make up for it.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 AM

I got the **** mirrors from Gino's. I'm still getting used to the odd shape and the large size of them. What I don't care for is the fact that the passenger side mirror isn't convex. This really limits the firld of view out that side..
Old 09-23-2007, 01:05 PM

I put the 3" or 4" dia. **** 360 deg. convex mirror toward the top on both sides. I can see everything close and far. I could'nt see past the dually fenders with the stocker, much less the trailer. I have never extended mine, no need with my gooseneck stock trailer.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:43 PM

hers is my truck with some aftermarket mirrors i bought