Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

valid email address?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 07:09 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I did grandfather some of you in, but I would not make it public that you won, because you didn't The reason you didn't is that I have been nice enough to not click the button that says ban existing members with those addresses.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Be sure to keep your email addresses current, I am placing members on mute when I find them without a valid email address. Once this happens you will not be able to post until you send me a valid address.

TIP.... Make sure your email address will accept mail from dieseltruckresource.com , I can tell who's addresses won't by the sheer number of bounced emails that pile up in the web master box.

Figure 15,000 members and maybe 200 of those have changed their email, or had their account go inactive and canceled. Then they either forgot or haven't bothered to update their profile. Then add the number of emails they get from DTR on threads they are following, or notices when the pictures they put in their gallery are approved...etc.....

You can see why it becomes a real head ache here just to find our own email out of that mess. Obviously I can't send you an email and ask you to fix it, so that leaves me with placing you on mute until you take the time to ask why you can't post.

Even that takes up a good deal of my time everyday, but better than sifting through hundreds of bounced emails, just to try and do business here.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by amartinson
Guess which email provider will be the next one added to the list.
LOL!! that would serve me for opening my fat mouth! LOL!

but really, rocketmail has been shut down for ~5yrs now... no new signups, and I'd be interested to see what percent of original rocketmail subscribers still use that address. I bet it's VERY small.

Forrest
Old 02-02-2005, 01:27 PM

One thing you guys who travel and need to check a non-internet based (ex: earthlink, aol, other ISP's) E-mail account can use is:

www.mail2web.com

You can check any E-mail account on it. I use it for quite a few of mine (I have 6 ) when I am at school or out of town.

It is a little slow, but it does work.

Now that I've said this, someone will chime in and tell me that it doesn't work with their provider...well, sorry, works for mine
Chris
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 PM

Anyone know of a good/cheap non-free e-mail service?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:09 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"law enforcement if needed", Interesting. I'm sitting here thinking why or how anything wrote here could or would need to be used by Law Enforcement?
I have had a hotmail account since 1996, but also will always have one through my ISP, or office I imagine. Never thought about it.
"Anything you say can and will be used against us in a court of law" HUh?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by pjsnyder76
"law enforcement if needed", Interesting. I'm sitting here thinking why or how anything wrote here could or would need to be used by Law Enforcement?
I have had a hotmail account since 1996, but also will always have one through my ISP, or office I imagine. Never thought about it.
"Anything you say can and will be used against us in a court of law" HUh?
Yes sir unfortunately we have our share of wacko's stop by here, we have seen people make terroristic threats, death threats and just trouble makers in general. When you log on here or any other website, your IP address is recorded and will be provided to law enforcement when necessary.

Some people think they are invisible on the web, but the truth is much different. Naturally 99.95% of you people out there have nothing to worry about
Old 04-22-2005, 07:32 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
You have no clue what some things have happened on these sites before. It's there for a reason.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:46 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw someting on A&E two nights ago that proves your point (now that I think about it). A guy wrote into a local Newpaper to (basically) give the editor a hard time in regards to a recently printed artical about an unsolved murder of an area prostitute. This guy thought he would be slick and send a mapquest (or similiar service) type map depicting where another victims body could be found to show he was for real. What happened next? you guessed it. Editor give the map to L.E, one of the investigators say's "hey, that looks like a Mapquest map". One call to mapquest, they get an I.P address, call the ISP, go to the guys house, qestion him for an hour and a half, go into his basement for a little peek, find video of bound women being beaten and eventualy killed. What a loser, he had one tape marked "wedding video", starts out like any other wedding tape then cuts out and turns into a home movie of him killing his first prostitute. I guess if this is too graphic for DTR, you can cut it on me.
Interesting
Old 05-05-2005, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by Jack Thorpe
... and for law enforcement if needed, ...
Jonah??? yikes!!!

Pat