Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:37 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE
I know its against DTR rules......but I will always believe that ads such as EBAY and a few others or "links" to other adds is a great help.

I will give you an example.....I am in need of a speedometer gear reducer for my 93 W250. There are a lot of members that do alot of searching as well as I do. If I know someone is looking for something, I could post it and let anyone/everyone know what it is I found and where I found it at. Even if it were under my signature.

It has already happened to another member that I happened to stumble across in an add for a shifter top for a Getrag. I had to send him a pm to give him the link so he could get his truck back on the road. He was appreciative about me looking out for him. Thats what were here for...right?

I do believe that you all are to scared or afraid of losing advertising (or at least thats what the excuse is) to let people use links to other items for sale on the net.

It wouldnt be such an issue......but I think you too have to realize that some of these parts we need for the trucks we love........are getting few and far between, especially when the dealer and aftermaket parts are no longer being made.

Please dont ban me either for making my stance on this known publically. I just think there should be something here to help our own membership out.
The site is for sale. Send me a pm and I'll give you a price. Once the sale is complete, you're free to make all the changes you want.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Administrator
The site is for sale. Send me a pm and I'll give you a price. Once the sale is complete, you're free to make all the changes you want.
You win....I'll just
Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Seems to work well for me, I always have several adds there.
I am not sure if putting in new adds is better than running the same add for months.
I think people don't check the 2nd and 3rd pages as much.
I also think they might believe that the parts are sold and the ad was never deleated.
On the other hand the new adds have no messages at the bottom of the add so you can see any positive negitive feedback.
Is there any way to look at someone's buyer and/or seller feedback?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if these have been covered, but I'll air my complaints with the current classified system.

Wanting to sell locally only. Somethings are big and heavy, other times we don't want to go through the trouble of shipping. Especially cross border. I know we get in trouble for selling in the Chapters, but the reason we do it is to help our friends out. If you had a spot for local sales only, you could put a link in each Chapter section that would go to their own section in the classifieds for local only sales.

Next, when contacting a seller, it automatically e-mails them. I've always preferred PM them on here. A direct PM instead of having to come back to the forums to do it would be nice.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put a spot in the ad for location, state or province. If you don't put a location in, don't accept the ad. Nothing is worse than finding something only to find it's a million miles away and shipping is not worth the effort to get it because someone was to lazy to type in a location.

Put an expiry on the add. After X-amount of days, it disappears sold or not. That way if your to lazy to say it's sold or delete the ad, it goes away anyways. Saves everyone a whole bunch of wasted time trying to get already sold parts.

Make a classified section for each chapter. There are all kinds of extra parts and such floating around the Alberta chapter for example and honestly I'm not interested in entertaining anyone about parts that requires shipping out of province. I would much prefer to sell/trade locally! There are enough of our chapters guys driving around this province that can pick up and deliver parts it's not necessary going anywhere else.

Because of the first two items above, I honestly don't bother with the hassle of looking for anything in the DTR classifieds. Most of it is sold and still listed and the rest is to far away to bother only after PMing the person to find out it's in Tim Buck To and he never listed where it is.

I'll sit down now.

Jeff