Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!

Afternoon, DTR loyal.

I hear that the classifieds are less than desirable at least twice a week... but no one ever says how I can make them better. I personally don't think they are that bad, but I guess I'm wrong...

Your feedback will help make the DTR better, please let me know what you think would make them better... No, we can't put them on the open forums, but thanks for asking...

Thanks!!!

mad
Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
One thing that would help a great deal is if the members to show a little responsibility and police their own ads. If you sell the item or decide to keep it, mark the thing sold and it will disappear in a few days. That way people are not looking at obsolete ads.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Nah, everyone always says that they are posting for sale or wanted to buy in the open forums because the classifieds sucks....
Old 09-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by madhat
Nah, everyone always says that they are posting for sale or wanted to buy in the open forums because the classifieds sucks....
They say that because they think they will get more coverage in the forums but they are WRONG!

The Classifieds gets more hits AND it is seen by people that are NOT registered on the forums as well. Why limit yourself to just the members if you really want to sell something? Just another excuse because they don't know the truth.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Location: A 5th dimension, beyond that which is known to man.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont even know the right way to get to them... thats probably my biggest problem. most forums have a section right on the forum top page. i have to click one of the newest ones at the bottom then click around to get to the section im looking for.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Is there a way to create subscriptions to sections of the classifieds? This way you could subscribe to say "3rd gen - trucks for sale" and get an e-mail whenever a new ad was posted to that section?

Otherwise, I think the classifieds are great. You can post comments/questions the same way you do on a thread or just contact the seller directly. Plus, they're not cluttering up the new posts search on the forums.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by JBradley500
i dont even know the right way to get to them... thats probably my biggest problem. most forums have a section right on the forum top page. i have to click one of the newest ones at the bottom then click around to get to the section im looking for.
Why not click on the word "Classifieds" right underneath the front bumper of that big black truck at the top of the page
Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Location: A 5th dimension, beyond that which is known to man.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Why not click on the word "Classifieds" right underneath the front bumper of that big black truck at the top of the page
because i did not notice it was there

i even searched for the word and didnt see it.

im more used to it being at the bottom of the forum main page.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's my daily trip...

Click on 'Classifieds' in the banner

Then I choose to look at either the ads from the 'last day' or 'last 7 days'

Then I sort them by 'Most Recent' to see the newest ads at the top of the list.

This lets me see all of the newest ads, no matter what section they're in. If I'm looking for something specific, I'll either search by name or browse that specific section of the classifieds.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Admin Team Leader

It is at the top of the page on purpose...when your browser first loads a page, do you see the top of the page...or the bottom?

Having it at the top is faster and more user friendly, you do not have to scroll to the bottom of the page when you log on
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
One thing that would help a great deal is if the members to show a little responsibility and police their own ads. If you sell the item or decide to keep it, mark the thing sold and it will disappear in a few days. That way people are not looking at obsolete ads.
What keeps other forum members (CF Member, Bombers Member ext. ) from joining DTR just to use this site for free chances to sell unneeded items?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about maybe a classified discussion section where ppl can have a discussion as well as shop for products? PPL can also get opinions for pricing, and it would encourage more ppl to scour the classified area.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rip 112
What about maybe a classified discussion section where ppl can have a discussion as well as shop for products? PPL can also get opinions for pricing, and it would encourage more ppl to scour the classified area.
I believe CF does this.. I'm not a big fan I dont like reading through 5 pages of posts just to find out he sold it. The system we have works great. The only problem I see with it is outdated adds..
Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I mean keep the regular classifieds section, just maybe a discussion area to remind ppl that the classifieds are there for our use. Just an idea to ponder. I would think many ppl would be just as inclined to say its sold and it would be a reminder.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel
I believe CF does this.. I'm not a big fan I dont like reading through 5 pages of posts just to find out he sold it. The system we have works great. The only problem I see with it is outdated adds..
Ditto

A discussion would just turn into a bull corn fest real quick. A good idea in theory, but a total fail in reality.

Quick Reply: No The Classifieds Don't SUCK!!!!