Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Can someone help me understand please

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Shoot, I have one of the foulest mouths around....when hanging out in the shop and having a few cold ones with good friends and just shootin' the you-know-what, thick clouds of profanity seem to just spew out of my yapper! That said, I recognize that their is a suitable time and place to behave like that and would not knowingly act that way towards those who do not appreciate that type language. At work, I would not be able carry myself that way without be regarded as unprofessional....and I would NEVER have even thought of talking that way in my Grandmother's home!

Since the forum rules are clear about the type of dialogue that is expected from it's members, I graciously comply as I agreed to when I joined. I don't speak on here the way I think is acceptable or what I hear on TV or is deemed popular culture, I speak in the manner that I agreed to and out of respect to the administrators and members.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
I think we are all like that, arent we? the My house/My rules thing?
I sure as heck am. I will welcome pretty much anyone at my place. But if you can't act the way I expect you to, the welcome is gone

I have a guy that I was really good friends with when we were late teens and early 20s, he cussed a lot. I never cared because we were working and drinking, usually just me and him and his brother playing with trucks, cows, horses, just being east Texas rednecks. But when I got married and he couldn't clean his language up around my wife I quit talking to him very much... (I never did cuss much) It is a respect thing.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
and isnt larry a grandpaw???
You don't have to rub it in.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
the thing that REALLY kills me is not being able to use words that are all over prime time TV. That's how I talk... that's how PEOPLE talk... and then I get notes about forum rules, etc.
Well, everyone else has put in their 2 cents worth, so now you can hear mine!

We have a buncha Navy guys on here. Sailors. Ever hear the expression 'swears like a sailor'? Well these sailor guys manage to keep their language clean while they're here, so if THEY can do it, why can't you?

The janitor has once again spoketh.

chaikwa.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Spoketh??.....
Man, we gotta stop ordering that Foo-Foo coffee for the breakroom......
Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Ever hear the expression 'swears like a sailor'?
chaikwa.
What expression.... Cant say I ever heard that one.. and who told you sailors swear? Thats a blatant exagerration... We are teh cleanest, most mild mannered gentlemen you'd ever want your daughter to date.....

x-bos'uns mate 2nd.....CD
Old 01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well, everyone else has put in their 2 cents worth, so now you can hear mine!

We have a buncha Navy guys on here. Sailors. Ever hear the expression 'swears like a sailor'? Well these sailor guys manage to keep their language clean while they're here, so if THEY can do it, why can't you?

The janitor has once again spoketh.

chaikwa.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard the word Edit in church...

and the fact that if you say something naughty, unlike other forums that auto-blank the word, you get a little ticket in your email box??? for a free site, the moderators sure do act like they're getting paid commission! LOL

also, why is sarcasm not allowed when replying to John P., but it's fine if you do it to someone else, and why does he rib people and be sarcastic on TDR?

why does one post about removing a catalytic converter get locked down instantly when there are a thousand other posts about it that aren't?

convinced I'm not just miffed about the language thing yet?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
for a free site, the moderators sure do act like they're getting paid commission! LOL
The moderators DONATE their time here they do not get paid for their work.

also, why is sarcasm not allowed when replying to John P., but it's fine if you do it to someone else, and why does he rib people and be sarcastic on TDR?
You called John P a liar in the forums, you may have intended it as sarcasm but it didn't come off that way. You don't know him or have a history of joking around with him, for him to have known you meant it in a fun manner.

What John does on TDR has NO bearing on this website.

why does one post about removing a catalytic converter get locked down instantly when there are a thousand other posts about it that aren't?
The number of posts on this site far and away exceed the ability of the 11 moderators on this site to read them all. We catch as many of the offensive posts as we can. Obviously there will always be some that slip through the cracks.

convinced I'm not just miffed about the language thing yet?
No you have only proven my point by trying to defend your actions by placing blame on others.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You called John P a liar in the forums
LMAO! please produce said post!!!!! all I said was there were plenty of guys making tons of power with home-tweaked pumps and there was no need for Rick to send his pump to a pump shop at this point, there was PLENTY of other things he would benefit from first. I was very sarcastic in how I said it, I'll admit that. And I apologized to John when he got all butt hurt over it and went and told teacher...

then a week later, I saw him using the exact same tone on TDR in the comp forum. I just think it's weak that he can dish it out but can't take it...

oh well, not my forum (obviously )
Old 01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
No you have only proven my point by trying to defend your actions by placing blame on others.
oh I'll admit to all my actions... no blame on others... I know what I do, and I know the rules... I don't UNDERSTAND why all the rules exist, but I know what they are

the title of the thread was "can someone help me understand"

I have a long list of things I don't understand about this site, the 12v/24v thing is one of them...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
LMAO! please produce said post!!!!!
I can't produce that post, I went back to find it and realized I had confused you with another member that had posted that, my mistake and I apologize for the error in misquoting you.

You are correct you were very sarcastic in your post and the same thing applies as to why it was a problem here for you. In this type written medium we communicate in, saying something in a sarcastic manner is NOT always perceived as you may have intended it. Especially when the person is not used to joking with you in that manner.

If you are going to be sarcastic toward people in a joking manner, be sure they know you well enough to take it that way. You may very well have had good intentions, but sometimes it is very hard to see that on these forums.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh I'll admit to all my actions... no blame on others... I know what I do, and I know the rules... I don't UNDERSTAND why all the rules exist, but I know what they are
If you know the rules, then abide by them, that is all the mods ask. If you can't, then leave, it is as simple as that. Since these rules seem to tick you off so bad, as you have expressed in this thread, it certantly would seem that leaving here wouldnt be a problem for you since it causes you so many problems.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Geez. Gone for a week and I come back to say hello and everything is going to heck in a handbasket! Just kidding..

See how I used the word heck though? I found that pretty simple.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
LMAO! please produce said post!!!!! all I said was there were plenty of guys making tons of power with home-tweaked pumps and there was no need for Rick to send his pump to a pump shop at this point, there was PLENTY of other things he would benefit from first. I was very sarcastic in how I said it, I'll admit that. And I apologized to John when he got all butt hurt over it and went and told teacher...

then a week later, I saw him using the exact same tone on TDR in the comp forum. I just think it's weak that he can dish it out but can't take it...

oh well, not my forum (obviously )
----------------------------------
Mr. Nearing:

You know, I thought after our exchange of P.M.'s on or about 12-3-06 that you and I had put all of this behind us! But instead, I get on here tonight and see where you feel a need to "drag me through the mud" again!

Well, lets break down your little gripes and rants here shall we?

First off, lets show the other members what you wrote me by way of P.M. on the posts concerning Rick (TxDiesel007):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
John_P:

"I apologize for my sarcastic tone and I will make an effort to not be so abrasive in the future. Take care."

Forrest Nearing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what you said Mr. Nearing!

Next, you have brought up what I have said over on TDR. Let me start off by saying that as Lary already told you, what goes on over there has no bearing on what is done here. On this site, I work for Lary Ellis and Jack Thorpe!! On TDR, I am under the control of Moderator Steve St. Laurent and the owner, Robert Patton. And IMO, there really isn't a "comparison" between the two sites. they are very different. I think if you or anyone else will go back over to TDR and read my posts they may be firm, but they are fair. They are also based on FACTS or things I have personally witnessed individuals do! Some of them are also responses to members there that have or are personally attacking diesel vendors, or personal friends of mine which have done NOTHING to deserve it! So if that is the "sarcasm" you speak of, then yes, I guess I am "guilty as charged" Mr. Nearing!! On that site I will no longer "stand idly by" while TDR Members insult, degrade or take credit for a product others conceived, developed and implemented!

Now, about your comments that I "went and told teacher." I am assuming you are referring to the fact that I reported your "sarcastic comments" to Lary Ellis right?? Well for your information Mr. Nearing, Lary Ellis (Top) is the Chief Operations Officer of this website and my Boss, so when something happens, yes, he needs to be notified of what is happening. If you don't like that, well,......I guess that's tough! I really don't care if you like it or not!

Finally, what is really stupid is that your argument with me was originally that a P-7100 Fuel Pump on a 98' Dodge CTD (which is what Rick has) put out more than 200cc's of fuel at full rack. You disagreed with me and we began arguing about it. That is where all this started! FACT: A STOCK P-7100 Fuel Pump like Rick has puts out 200ccs of fuel at full rack!

You know, your apologies to people really don't mean much do they Mr. Nearing??

-------
John_P
Old 01-26-2007, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
See how I used the word heck though? I found that pretty simple.
We can say heck?

... COOL ! This site rocks!

Quick Reply: Can someone help me understand please