Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Can someone help me understand please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like some people just flat out have a problem with authority and structure in a fourm.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spitfire9137
Sounds like some people just flat out have a problem with authority and structure in a fourm.
Some just have problems with authority anywhere... It's hereditary, kind of like my dad's three court martials and my mom's lack of the right to vote...

I don't see why it isn't "2nd Gen Non-Engine", "2nd Gen 12 Valve Engine" and "2nd Gen 24 Valve Engine". Downside to that is that the "High Performance" engine stuff would be with the "Vanilla" engine stuff, but I think that'd be more elegant of a solution than having the 12 valve and 24 valve engine stuff together.

I don't think there's too big of a gap between aftermarket engine modification and standard engine maintenance; not as big of a gap between P-7100 fuel plates and VP-44 programmers at any rate.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing is that some of us know 12v and 24v, I like the way it is broken up now, it makes stuff easy to find, and not to spread out like some forums.

The bottom line though is that it is Jack and Larry's site. So they get to break it down the way they want to...
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spitfire9137
I got no problem with structure, but when it's flawed and overly inforced, I do...

the thing that REALLY kills me is not being able to use words that are all over prime time TV. That's how I talk... that's how PEOPLE talk... and then I get notes about forum rules, etc.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
I got no problem with structure, but when it's flawed and overly inforced, I do...

the thing that REALLY kills me is not being able to use words that are all over prime time TV. That's how I talk... that's how PEOPLE talk... and then I get notes about forum rules, etc.
I knew you had an issue that was bothering you that had NOTHING to do with this forum question, you just decided you found a place to once again log your complaint with not being allowed to spew profanity on our forum.

Let me make this very simple for you, You agreed to abide by the forum rules when you registered for this site, if you can not do so then feel free to leave.

This is what you agreed to, these rules have NOT changed since you agreed to them.

"You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums."

Put simply you can talk anyway you want to in your own home, but when you are posting on this site, you MUST show respect for the other members that read these forums.

That is what it costs for you to come to this FREE forum, I think it is a bargain but If you find the price too high, go somewhere else.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Banned

no, I have many complaints, and one of them is when I make a post in what I feel is the appropriate forum and it gets moved... another is people's inability to use the search function.

the list is long
Old 01-24-2007, 05:26 PM

man i have seen too many people get kicked off for bringing this subject up! just let it go bro!

and jsut because it's on t.v. dont mean its right! i'm not gonna lie, i use these words occasionaly, but i know that this site doesn't like them so i dont use them!......just like when i go to my grandmothers house for dinner, i know she would not care for me using that launguage so i don't. i don't just say the words anyways and tell her "sorry thats how i talk, thats how PEOPLE talk" lol...
Old 01-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
If people in real life (and real time) had the opportunity to compose a sentence, re-read it, and edit before clicking on Submit and it came out of their mouth, the world would be a much more peaceful place.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by bigredBCS
......just like when i go to my grandmothers house for dinner, i know she would not care for me using that launguage so i don't..
That shows you RESPECT your Grandmother, and that is all we want people to do here, is show a little respect for those that are offended by such language.

Thanks for pointing that out, that is what I have been trying to say here.

If it were just a bunch of us guys in the shop drinking beers and telling HP stories, it would be another matter, I talk that way as well. But here we have members from all over the world, all walks of life, all ages....

So I take this very seriously. It is MY responsibility to make this site user friendly for EVERYONE, not just a few guys cutting up.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 PM

btw larry i wasn't trying to say i see you as a grandparent! lol
Old 01-24-2007, 05:53 PM
TSB

I would like to thank everyone that keeps the language clean. There is no need to use language that shows disrespect for yourself as well as others..
Old 01-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Admin Team Leader

btw larry i wasn't trying to say i see you as a grandparent! lol
Amazing how a guy can can go up 2 steps on the ladder, just to fall back 8 steps with his very next statement
Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM

aw come on larry! i meant no harm! lol
Old 01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Banned

aw come on larry! i meant no harm! lol
Put down the shovel and step away...

The language (or lack there of) does contribute to the respect and dignity around here, IMHO.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:54 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

To me its avery simple matter.
As a guest in MY house, you will conform to My standards in regard to language and behavior, or you will leave... I think we are all like that, arent we? the My house/My rules thing?
This is larry's house, he provides and maintains it and spends his time providing us with a place to visit.
Hasnt this been said enough by now????

and isnt larry a grandpaw???

Quick Reply: Can someone help me understand please