Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Can someone help me understand please

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me understand please

Ok I understand that a 12V and a 24V can both be a 2nd gen But I cannot understand why they would be in the same forum for performance discussions. It really ticks me off when I am reading a post and getting excited about the product and look down and see its a 24V they are talking about. Shouldnt they be seperated?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM

I see you have far more post than I do. So you know that if you hang out long enough some one will bring up some creative info that pertains to your truck. I feel the same way about the 3rd gens, but that's my fault for really only watching "New Posts"
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
No most products work on both engines EXCEPT no Electronic power enhancers for a 12v.

Quit getting excited if you see electronic power enhancers, Your injection pump is mechanical so NO electronics will plug into it

We believe LESS is MORE when it comes to forums. Nothing more annoying than having to search through multiple forums about the same thing. We prefer to keep more info in less space here.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Well it was not electronics that I was getting excited about, it was injectors. Are they the same?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, injectors aren't the same.

Intakes, guages, lifts, tires, bumpers and other exterior additions are however.
(plus a lot that I didn't think of when I was posting)
Turbos, clutches, brake upgrades, stereos, seats.

The ones that work on both models outweigh the ones that don't.

Less clutter is good.

phox
Old 01-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Ok so its more about the Dodge Truck then it is the engine. So if less clutter is better then why does the 3rd gen have Four differnt forums? Are they better or more important?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:40 PM
DTR Mom

Talking You do realize this is a free site and public forum?

Originally Posted by BigBully
Ok so its more about the Dodge Truck then it is the engine. So if less clutter is better then why does the 3rd gen have Four differnt forums? Are they better or more important?
You asked the question and got a real, live answer. Go enjoy the other topics on the forum, that are also, free and here for your ENJOYMENT. YEAH!!! Let's hear it for the 12v!!!!!!!!roar
Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Admin Team Leader

Obviously we can't please everybody, but we do the best we can.

Might I suggest a different forum if this one is not to your liking? If you need direction, I am sure we can probably find a place better suited for your needs.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:04 AM

lets not the turn the guy away just because he doesn't understand that the 3rd gens are cooler! lol jk pal.....
Old 01-24-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so its more about the Dodge Truck then it is the engine. So if less clutter is better then why does the 3rd gen have Four different forums? Are they better or more important?
From what I can tell (and I didn't spend long studying it), the 4th forum for the 3rd gen. is primarily for the 6.7L (although it is for '07 and newer by definition). That means that each 3rd gener has 3 forums to work with depending on the engine that their truck has, same as the 2nd gen. (2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain / Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only, and either 12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain or 24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain depending on your engine.) Looks equal to me - labeling is just a bit different. Feel better?

If anyone should feel slighted, it's us 1st genrs - but I'm perfectly happy w/ just one forum.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why does the 3rd gen have Four differnt forums? Are they better or more important?
Actually, the 3rd gens are both better AND more important!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Actually, the 3rd gens are both better AND more important!
Thats funny right there!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Banned

I don't have as much trouble with that as I do ****-ism for posts that are in the "wrong" forum...

ask an AFC or timing question on the 12v forum, and you'll be fine as long as you don't mention the word "performance", then it gets put on the 2nd gen performance forum for all the 24v guys to look at and scratch their heads over
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Forrest Nearing
I don't have as much trouble with that as I do ****-ism for posts that are in the "wrong" forum...

ask an AFC or timing question on the 12v forum, and you'll be fine as long as you don't mention the word "performance", then it gets put on the 2nd gen performance forum for all the 24v guys to look at and scratch their heads over
------------
Forrest:

We try hard to move those threads that are in the "wrong forum" whenever we see them. I would suggest that if you see something that is in the wrong area, to send myself or one of the other Administrators a PM so we can correct it for you! As hard as we all try, sometimes we miss some things too.

--------
John_P
Old 01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Admin Team Leader

John, You are misreading Forrest, He is calling you a **** because you do your job by moving posts into the forums where they belong.

Quick Reply: Can someone help me understand please