Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

what to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do next?

Well i finally registered so i can ask my own questions instead of getting friends to on here.thnaks for all the excellent help.Couple quick questions:

1-what tranny company ats? banks? bd? or any other tranny maker would you go with if you can't really go with goerend because the shipping would be ridicoulous to where i live. any help on what i should do.My truck has 35's and has a sled deck on it in the winter but besides that doesn't do much towing.I would like to biild my truck to a reliable 500 or so hp.

2-once the tranny gets figured out i think i willl have a solid build platform with the intake done fass done and exhaust will be done soon so what injectors and turbo would you go with that are really reliable(i need reliability because its along way from anywhere sometimes) what would you go with?i would like to make around 500hp or so if thats possible? or more?I was looking at DPP 150 injectors?if that helps at all.Smoke insn't an issue!

3-What is a good realiable chip to stack with my edge juice with attitude? if needed to make 500 hp with injectors and turbo?

thank you guys for all your help any onther tips or ideas will be much appciated!

skye
Old 10-20-2007, 06:25 PM

I heard that smarty and juice stack is good. With injectors that will go really well. I think you have the right idea with the FASS and tranny first.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Where in Canada are you? DTT is in the SW BC, and they are regarded as highly as Goerands on here. NADP is in Edmonton, but I'd go with DTT before those guys personally.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 AM

well thanks for all the good info.I live in Hazelton B.C. Anyone have a phone number for DTT?Anyone have injector or turbo opions?

Thanks skye
Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Injectors, F1 or DDP will be most people's opinion. Turbos, Industrial Injection or HTT are the two biggest right now for bolt on turbo's, but Garrett and Turbonetics both offer bolt on turbos for our trucks. I've got an II Super Phat Shaft and I like it. A bit laggier than stock, but still fun to drive. Never had to tow with it, so no idea on how it cools with a load.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by canadianskye
well thanks for all the good info.I live in Hazelton B.C. Anyone have a phone number for DTT?Anyone have injector or turbo opions?

Thanks skye
used to spend every second weekend in smithers. welcome aboard.
honestly i just had our tranny builder in edmonton build mine. told him what kinda power i had and what i wanted. he built it for me and **** it works good.

my belief is any kind of built tranny will handle the majority of modded diesels.. granted there are some 11's and quicker trucks out there that may take more but for most of we'll be fine. just make sure it has a warranty
Old 10-21-2007, 09:42 PM

well thanks for all the info its a great help!Intake racing what kind or power are u making with ur truck?did the injectors and turbo help lots i just would like an idea of what to expect for power change?does it affect cold starts at all?

Thanks skye
Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 AM

i start it all winter long at -40c and so far so good haha it won't affect it at all other than power!! turbo dropped the egts huge and it spools faster i find. but basically i can highway run it with fixed up 4 bangers which is pretty **** good considering my truck goes in on the scales at 8000 pounds (tidy tank). i should be about mid 400 at the wheels i believe. i have a dyno run in november.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks skye
866-504-4002 DTT

www.dieseltrans.com
Old 10-23-2007, 01:50 AM

well thanks for all the info its a great help!Intake racing what kind or power are u making with ur truck?did the injectors and turbo help lots i just would like an idea of what to expect for power change?does it affect cold starts at all?

Thanks skye
Injector can make as much power as you want. Basically they can add almost as much power as bolting a second engine in

Your current hy35 has a very small exhaust housing, so don't expect anything else to spool quite as quick. A hx35 or 35/40 hybrid would be the next size up and are pretty inexpensive, as far as turbos go anyways =\ Super b is a little bigger and should have no problems at 400 hp. You're going to need a downpipe too.