Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TST PM3 Comp & Edge EZ vs. Edge Drag Comp; Specific Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST PM3 Comp & Edge EZ vs. Edge Drag Comp; Specific Question

Let me just say that I am not trying to start another comp war, as this topic has been discussed many many times. I have read tons of threads about both boxes and Im aware of the features, benefits, and drawbacks of both. From my research I know that the TST is more harsh and bucking can occur, but this is not a concern with me. I've read that in most cases the TST and EZ stack make slightly more peak power on the dyno than the Edge Comp, but this is also not my concern. What I want to know is which setup will get a truck down the 1/4 mile quicker? I guess the best answer to my question would be from someone who has ran both setups back to back at the track in order to get real world answers, but I have yet to find this information. To me, getting down the track faster is more important than a peak number on the dyno, so maybe the setup with the bigger or flatter torque and or horsepower curve would be the one to do this, even if it didnt make as much peak power. So basically I am just looking for some input from people who have ran either or both setups at the track, or back to back dyno charts would also prove to be useful.

The question might also pertain as to what type of setup the truck will be running. Im probably gonna be running along the lines of a full B-1 and a set of Mach 4's. And spray some water to help keep things cool.

There may not even be a noticable difference in power or ET, but I am just raising the question so that I only have to buy one setup, without ending up changing my mind later.

Also, I am comparing the TST PM3 Comp & Edge EZ Stack vs. Edge Drag Comp

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:17 PM

I have run both setups.
For pure power and 1/4 mile times, I would have to give it to the TST Comp and EZ stack.
I could hit 42psi with the Drag Comp and 46psi with the TST Comp/EZ stack.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
rockjeep73:

I have a 2002 Dodge CTD, 4X4, Auto with 3.54 gears and am running the TST PM 3
(Competition) "stacked" with the Edge EZ. Right now I am running a Piers HX-40/16
with DD Super Mental Injectors along with the BD R.A.D. Device. My best 1/4 mile
time has been 12.94 @ 102.98. That was out here in eastern N.C., at just about
sea level with an air temperature of 55 degrees and humidity at 60%. On hotter,
higher humidity days I stay at around 13.2-13.4 at 99-101 MPH depending on how
hard I launch. The 60ft. time on that 12.94 run was 1.77.

Hope this has helped you some.

---------
John_P
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 PM

Thanks much for the info.

This was the info I kinda expected to get, I had thought that the stack made more power and from what you guys said this helps prove it.

John_P, a little off topic, but what kind of 1/4 mile difference did you get when you added the BD R.A.D., im curious about it? Also, any other benefits, besides on the track?

Thanks again for all the info
Old 03-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
rockjeep:

On my 2002 Dodge CTD, the "BD RAD Device" cut three to four tenths off the E.T.
One benefit "off the track" is that it allows the truck to run way past the "governed"
top speed of the truck,, which on my 2002 was about 113 MPH. Mine will now run
a little past 120.

---------
John_P
Old 03-24-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The old 3 level Edge box stacked with the EZ also does better than a Comp.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Muted User

Quote: "What I want to know is which setup will get a truck down the 1/4 mile quicker? "

My opnion....

Neither.... That distinction would go to a MAD ECM with a Blue Chip Redline box...

Sorry I know its not precisely what you asked, but I think many others will chime in with agreement..... certainly about the MAD, but maybe not too many guys about the redline box.... its so pricey hardly anyone runs it.....

Even arguing over the redline box, you wont get ANY arguments about the MAD vs. the EZ for 1/4m times say with either stacked with a TST PM3 comp.... nothing touches the MAD for rate of RPM rise stuff, which is what the 1/4M is all about....

Kevin
Old 03-25-2005, 03:34 AM

I agree with you about the MAD ECM being more aggressive than the EZ, from everything that I have read. The only reson I was talking about the EZ is because I already have one.

I am intrigued by the redline box and its benefits, but I have not found enough convincing info that it would be a stronger setup. This is probably mainly due to the high price and that not many people run them like you have stated.