Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

sound like a decent idea for mods? and future clutch upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question sound like a decent idea for mods? and future clutch upgrade?

I'm going to get a #10 tst cam plate, 4000 gsk and valve springs, got a 30 psi cobalt gauge and 2 pod pillar on ebay and going to get egt gauge, I will probably take it into DIS and have them install all this including gauges plus they will do the kdp by taking the timing cover off checking things out and fixing any leaks tab it and I'm not sure what else,I'm guessing they will charge me between $400-$650 for all this and get it done prompt by appointment. I know I could easily save the $500 but the frustratiion of it all will probably worth it. I also have a feeling I will need to replace my clutch which I just replaced when my 5th dropped out long story short I ended up getting oem clutch for time being because of price and time concern at the time, well one of the bolts for the pressure plate to flywheel broke, darn cheapo torque wrench, it drives alright now but I do have some vibration, going to replace middle drive shaft bearing hopefully will help a little, doesn't do it all the time. anyways when I was on TST site looking for all the goodies I'm getting above I looked at clutches and they had a 13" one for up to 550 hp it was $600 but I couldn't see if a flywheel was included, it wasn't SBC it was TSTs own brand maybe ceramic, it has to be pulling capable as with my roofing I end up pulling 4-5 tons plus a 4-5k pound trailer to the dump sometimes probably daily or every other day this summer other day at the dump truck trailer and load was nearly 22,000 lbs I think cdl starts at 26,000. any advice or whatever is appreciated TIA and god bless all
Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 PM

That will not be a big enough boost guage.
Go ahead and get a 60 lb. guage.
With a # 10 plate you should make sure that you set your wastegate around 38 lbs.
Anything above that is just making heat.
The Southbend will be far ahead of the TST clutch.
I know what they are advertised for but why waste the $$ and end up doing it again?

: Eddie :
Old 05-31-2004, 12:58 AM

You DO NOT want a TST clutch!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:32 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Originally posted by Got Smoke?
You DO NOT want a TST clutch!
Actually, these may be different clutches than the ones you're experienced with Mark. I heard that TST has switched to a cerro-metallic (spelling may be wrong there) that is holding the power. However, in the ag industry, cerro-metallics were found to be extremely hard on flywheels, and most manufacturers switched to either ferramics or other organic blends.

Rod
Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
After posting this, I received a further update about the TST clutch. I'm still not sure which clutch is on their website, however they are experiencing very rough driving characteristics from the cerro-metallic clutch they are currently using. Their next stop is going to be the South Bend dual disc.

Rod