Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RanchHand

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
I had gotten close enough to the car that I actually over looked it & saw that the vehicle in front of them had actually already left. I just mashed the pedal & BAM. I crushed the trunk all the way to the back glass
Them cars disappear pretty quickly dont they..

Glad no one was hurt though.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coalburner & High country, I did hit the lady in the rear. I AM responsible. I just think that had she not blocked the road in moving traffic with her car, then I would not have hit her. I did glance away for a split second at a vehicle that had turned up ahead of us, then BAM. I immediately radioed the 911 & had help there within minutes. I let the kids use my cell phone to call their parents. I also literally had to make the kids stay in the car so they didn't get hit in the next lane of traffic. I have good insurance as well. I take full responsibility for my actions. In GA there is a law about hindering traffic. I am not looking for an out, I just want Every point of the whole thing recognized instead of overlooked. The lady will lose her Drivers license because she suffers from seizures, & she should not have been driving anyway, according to GA state law. The law is very clear in GA about people suffering from seizures. They are not allowed to drive until it is proven by their doctors & other medical personnel that they have been seizure free for at least a year. So these doctors have to put their license on the line when they either let a known seizure patient drive or remove them from the road, whichever the case is. I am still at fault no matter what for hitting her though.
High Country, in your incident, I would think the mobile home company should been held accountable for both vehicles, depending on the laws in your state. I move mobile homes on one contract I have with my trucking business. We have lost those covers before too. I got a piece a crap truck we use to follow the trailer just for such instances. I would be liable though for it just the same & my commercial policy & general liability would be exposed should anything come off of the mobile home or any trailer & strike another vehicle or consequently cause an accident.
There is nothing to fix on the bumper. I just wiped the green paint off of it. It did appear to move slightly upward, just a little bit. I think i will tack weld mine as well. I suffered no damage to my vehicle. I think the Ranch Hands are awesome. I have heard that their rear bumper was pretty weak though, from several people. Any comments or thoughts , guys? Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 09:02 PM

Wheres the pic of the creamed car?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by high country
bighead, I have to agree with him, I too waxed a 3/4 ton chevy under similar conditions, an a/c cover flew off a motor home and I swerved to not get hit by it and hit a dead stopped truck in the process. I made sure everyone was ok and got them an ambulance, my truck suffered a scratched bumper and not much else.....the chevy, totaled. I told the guy to not worry I have great insurance and it will be ok. he now rolls in a new truck and all is well and I sleep good at night.

i agree with yall ya'd better fix what ya screwed up, and be happy id didnt hurt my truck, but thats just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:53 PM

Cool bighead! I knew I was misunderstanding something.

I hope that she takes the necessary responsibility for her health issues. I know I would not be driving if I knew I stood the chance of having a seizure and killing someone else.

Hope it all works out for the both of you.

3 months after I had my truck I was at a light:
Some moron creamed into the girl stopped behind me and drove her right under my truck. The moron was driving a Ford F150 and she was driving a Toyota camry. The camry was totaled and my truck did not have a scratch on it. Even the trailer hitch did not even get a nick (her car submarined under the hitch rails).
The moron in the F150 started blaming his dog when I approached his truck. I asked him if he was letting the dog drive... he said no that the dog was distracting him. I asked him if he could get the dog's proof of insurance and he got the point... Turns out he did not even have his wallet on him - and no proof of insurance. The cop actually let him drive home to get it and did not write the idiot a citation. The dude's truck was all bumper and grill damage, but it still drove fine.
There was not even a skid mark. The dude slammed into that toyota at a velocity of at least 40 MPH (40 was the posted speed limit - but who does that anymore).

The girl ended up having to make a few doctor's visits and the dude's insurance paid for everything. I wasted 3 hours at the site and police station but managed to walk away with everything else in tact on both body and vehicle. Thank God

A buddy of mine got hit on his harley the in the same type of scenario but he was not as lucky.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:58 PM

i put a full ranch hand on the frnt of mine as well. a buddy had it welded on the front of his, we just got a cutting torch, and a grinder and it came out pretty easy. got to know what your doing w/ the torch so you dont cut the frame, or heat it up too much that it contorts. i put it on mine and welded it straight to the frame. have had too many w just bolts and the bolts coming off or getting sheared. im gonna put some bolts to it later. less than a week after puttin it on, i hit a 9 pt buck doing 60 mph. hit him broad side and both axels went over him. everything in the truck went flying. turned around went and picked him up. he weighed in at just over 200 lbs field dressed. left the hair and blood on the bumper . it added some character. took him back to the beach cabin, and put'em on ice and ate him that week. usually let them soke on ice longer, but had to go to california for a month of training in twentynine palms.
semper
Old 06-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Second Quality Mark

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me how Ranch Hand identifies their "seconds" on their front bumper replacements? I've been told by a former Production Manager for Ranch Hand that somewhere on the side facing the truck that they stamp "BLEM" for Blemish on the bumper.

I've been unable to find that or any other marking stamped on the bumper that would indicate it's a "second." Ideas anyone?

Many thanks!