Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

RanchHand

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RanchHand

I am sure glad I bought me a full replacement RanchHand Bumper. I creamed a Chevy Cavalier today & it didn't scratch my truck. I merely wiped the green paint off my bumper & told the cop I was fine. The Chevy was totalled. Stupid people, I just don't know why they won't move out of the way when a Dodge Cummins is coming through. The Ranch Hand is the Best of all I have seen especially after taking the lick it did today. Everyone should get one, it is both of you or them in a wreck( if you have a RanchHand).
Old 07-27-2006, 10:21 PM

You don't have a picture so we don't believe you........can you post a pict? I'd like to see it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reason for fender bender

So what happened? What caused the collision? Was the little car doing something wrong or illegal? You couldn't stop in time?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 PM

i want one, but ya know mod this and mod that so.....

i seenone on a ford smoke a telphone pole and it just sheared the bolts off
Old 07-27-2006, 11:49 PM

Ranchhand Legend or Bullnose???
Old 07-28-2006, 02:09 AM

I'd love to have one for deer let alone making the truck a road warrior

So did you rear end him or what?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

Jbody what do want a picture of? Actually, I will post a picture of my new 99 truck, since everything on it is new, including the intercooler I am adding today. Ph4tty I was at fault. I rearended the folks. The light turned green. I glanced off at a vehicle turning up front of us. A big truck pulling a flatbed had enough time to come from no where behind me & pass on the right. I was barely easing forward as the Suncoast tranny will do that for you all by itself.I had gotten close enough to the car that I actually over looked it & saw that the vehicle in front of them had actually already left. I just mashed the pedal & BAM. I crushed the trunk all the way to the back glass. I wasn't even 15 ft from them to begin with. It just sucked all the way around. I have never been at fault in an accident in 20 years, & nw this one. I guess we are all over due at some point. The lady said she hadn't taken her seizure medicine & wasn't watching the light , with 3 young kids in the car. I know I hit her in the back, but I am arguing the point that she should be partly responsible for not paying attention herself. She told the cop she had 2 strokes, a heart attack, & now suffers from seizures, all in the last year. I am wondering why she even has a driving license. I am going to try to fight it, though I know it is a losingh battle. They wil probably total her car since it is about 15 years old. I will get the shaft all the way around. Oh well.

Jbody Picture of my truck on the way shortly. If I can figure out how to post one. Yall be careful & have a good day.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BIGHEAD
.... I am going to try to fight it, though I know it is a losingh battle.
Probably! If she was not moving ...the law says there is no way she can be at fault... at least in most states.

Glad nobody was hurt and that your Ranch Hand paid for itself! I know many people that are only alive today because they had replacement bumpers/bullbars on their trucks! Much more than just a nice looking mod.... IMO.

Thanks for sharing. Helps keep the rest of us a little more alert. Does me anyway!

RJ
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 AM

I've got a question about the ranch hand.......I've got one, and when a buddy and I tried to pull a tree that had fallen in my pond, my bumper got pulled down in the front a few inches........are the bolts too small or is there something else I should do to reinforce the bumper? I had to loosen all the bolts, jack up the front of the bumper, and retighten the bolts.

Waylan
Old 07-28-2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by walexa
I've got a question about the ranch hand.......I've got one, and when a buddy and I tried to pull a tree that had fallen in my pond, my bumper got pulled down in the front a few inches........are the bolts too small or is there something else I should do to reinforce the bumper? I had to loosen all the bolts, jack up the front of the bumper, and retighten the bolts.

Waylan

Mine is bolted and welded... Didn't like how it was supported so I figured I'd help it a little. No problems pulling with it yet
Old 07-28-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Mine is bolted and welded... Didn't like how it was supported so I figured I'd help it a little. No problems pulling with it yet
Did you weld it in lots of places or just a couple stitch welds? What are you planning on doing if you need to take it off?

Waylan
Old 07-28-2006, 06:25 PM

I built my bumper, it's very much along the lines of the Ranchhand. The only real concern is the light weight metal it's bolted to. If you look at the factory mounting points, ain't much there.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by walexa
Did you weld it in lots of places or just a couple stitch welds? What are you planning on doing if you need to take it off?

Waylan

Tack weld it

I tell you from experience.. I had previously stated that my Bumper in the rear was NOT welded on when i got hit. If you weld it on and you get hit hard, you will bend the chassis, if it is tacked on just right with enough force it will break and it will not bend. Again its a trial and error type of thing. I have tack welded some bumpers before on dodges on the front and read, but nothing that cannot be broken if it is hit hard enough.

I agree with R Johnson, if it wasnt for my rear bumper when i got hit at 70 miles per hour (rear ended while i was at a complete stop) my truck would have been more severely damaged than what it was. I got it straightened out quite well.

Point bein, IMHO.....If you must weld it tho, it dont need to be welded all the way, some good tacks will suffice...

Besides, they do serve a purpose aside from looks and a workbench.. here is my current front bumper and old rear bumper (truck has undergone some minor cosmetic changes, updated pics to come..) Thanks in advance for looking!

Rick
Old 07-29-2006, 11:04 AM

BIGHEAD:

Am I misunderstanding something?
You hit someone in the rear and you're fighting it even though you were guilty?

Bad karma dude... With a 4 ton truck and a well built bumper you should assume a little more responsibility. Does not sound like this lady is doing ok to begin with. IMHO you should make right, and take care of what you screwed up if it was your fault.

Hope everything works out and that you get your bumper fixed...
Old 07-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by coalburner400
BIGHEAD:

Am I misunderstanding something?
You hit someone in the rear and you're fighting it even though you were guilty?

Bad karma dude... With a 4 ton truck and a well built bumper you should assume a little more responsibility. Does not sound like this lady is doing ok to begin with. IMHO you should make right, and take care of what you screwed up if it was your fault.

Hope everything works out and that you get your bumper fixed...
bighead, I have to agree with him, I too waxed a 3/4 ton chevy under similar conditions, an a/c cover flew off a motor home and I swerved to not get hit by it and hit a dead stopped truck in the process. I made sure everyone was ok and got them an ambulance, my truck suffered a scratched bumper and not much else.....the chevy, totaled. I told the guy to not worry I have great insurance and it will be ok. he now rolls in a new truck and all is well and I sleep good at night.

Quick Reply: RanchHand