Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I finally got some highway time today to check on the surging. I have no surging on levels 1-7, lvls 8-10 the surging is almost unnoticable. I am perferfectly pleased with that. I still cant get the high idle to work. My hats off to you Quad!
Joe
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Well I guess I should post my last dyno results over here as well..

This is on the latest 'comp' software
PL05- 530 Nice smooth run felt great
PL10- 520 Dyno graph was shakey... Truck had some popping to it through the run, fuel was being called for but not delieverd
PL07 with small .041 shot- 580 Truck ran really well. Felt good My guess is on the last comp tune sent out PL07 is the strongest setting!
PL08 with small .041 shot- 570 Truck ran well PL07 was smoother...

Gave a copy of my dyno sheets to Stan (aka Steve! ) for quad to look over. (Did you get those quad?)
For a video of the my dyno runs you can go to youtube and search bnold1
For vids of Bucks turbo blowing up go to photobucket and search TexasCTD

I'm going to download and test the production tune tonight and drive around on it for a while to give feedback on... Ready for some more Comp tunes, but this is a beta test and I'll test whatever I'm asked in hopes of the best overall product!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also dynoed. Adrenaline is stronger (25 HP) than my previous Smarty/TST Comp stack on my SO Auto. 2 hp stronger on #8 than on #10.
Mild surging for me on #2 through 10..... only at light throttle.... maintaining speed or light acceleration.
Feels like there is room for more when refined further!

RJ
Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
I also dynoed. Adrenaline is stronger (25 HP) than my previous Smarty/TST Comp stack on my SO Auto. 2 hp stronger on #8 than on #10.
Mild surging for me on #2 through 10.
Feels like there is room for more when refined further!

RJ
What program are you running RJ? That is great news!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:32 AM
BBA

I dont know about yall but i think the program that was the original was the strongest one i had tried. it surged pretty bad in the upper levels but from all that i have tried was the strongest.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
What program are you running RJ? That is great news!
10 Level that came with the box. Don't have the #?

RJ

EDIT 11/23/07 - Box came with DADR9802/ #Beta A0087/ Version 20071027
Old 11-22-2007, 12:18 PM

I know it is Thanksgiving but, hang tight, I am trying to get this update out. It should be even better than the last. I will give all the details in the email.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Updates sent.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Got it. Thanks for putting me on the list!

RJ
Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 PM

i just noticed i havent posted on here, i didnt get the update but i dont know if i was supposed to. happy thanksgiving guys!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:55 PM
BBA

Got it and will try it out tomorrow!
Old 11-22-2007, 07:58 PM

email to quad today, might as well post results here as well to see how they will compare... Will test the update sent out today tomorrow...

"Hey quad now that the dyno is behind me I decided to test out your production tune. I just received your email about the new production tune, this is NOT regarding the newest one that you sent out today 11/22.

1st PL10 still reads PL 0

2nd high idle kicked in great but only to 900 RPMs

3rd Surging once again improved but can still feel it some at light throttle…

4th with cruise on today went up a slight grade and truck bucked pretty good. Was going into a headwind so I was pulling about 18psi already… the hill required about 25psi to hold speed (75mph in 6th 1900 RPMs) truck hit 26psi and bucked to 30 back to 25 to 30psi all very fast… Was pretty rough

5th I did my acceleration surge testing on levels 3 4 and 5 I tested by accelerating lightly through the gears to simulate normal driving (wasn’t grandma shifting) when approaching 25-30psi (easy with the twins) truck would buck and miss like I was cutting the fuel on and off… obviously this doesn’t happen if I’m just gunning it cause boost flys past 25psi in a blink…

6th not sure about the turbo timer… Think it conflicts with mine, no big… I’ll probably disable mine and use yours once it becomes adjustable. 20 seconds wont do it for me!! Lol J

7th defueling not there… was able to hold it around 1450* (My max EGT with the twins)"
Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
email to quad today, might as well post results here as well to see how they will compare... Will test the update sent out today tomorrow...

"Hey quad now that the dyno is behind me I decided to test out your production tune. I just received your email about the new production tune, this is NOT regarding the newest one that you sent out today 11/22.

1st PL10 still reads PL 0

2nd high idle kicked in great but only to 900 RPMs

3rd Surging once again improved but can still feel it some at light throttle…

4th with cruise on today went up a slight grade and truck bucked pretty good. Was going into a headwind so I was pulling about 18psi already… the hill required about 25psi to hold speed (75mph in 6th 1900 RPMs) truck hit 26psi and bucked to 30 back to 25 to 30psi all very fast… Was pretty rough

5th I did my acceleration surge testing on levels 3 4 and 5 I tested by accelerating lightly through the gears to simulate normal driving (wasn’t grandma shifting) when approaching 25-30psi (easy with the twins) truck would buck and miss like I was cutting the fuel on and off… obviously this doesn’t happen if I’m just gunning it cause boost flys past 25psi in a blink…

6th not sure about the turbo timer… Think it conflicts with mine, no big… I’ll probably disable mine and use yours once it becomes adjustable. 20 seconds wont do it for me!! Lol J

7th defueling not there… was able to hold it around 1450* (My max EGT with the twins)"

Are you sure you are updating the module?

Your experience just sounds like an older flash for some reason??

I have had the high idlenot work perfectly but, it usually just fluctuates a little too much. With that flash it should have easily went over 900 rpms??

Your turbo timer did not work because it was disabled for that flash!!! WE had a problem with it and that is what I was having you test for me on the alterate flash you were running before. So that is why the turbo timer did not work!

I have never had the de-fueling not work?? That is pretty odd.

When you flash the module do you go ahead and hit "get module information" just to see if the feature code changed?

Anyhow, don't mess with that old one, we made some changes based on a TON of feedback last time which is what I like!

The more feedback and the faster it gets to me the faster we can make adjustments!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:35 PM

Defueling has worked 100% for me except the first day when I forgot to pull out my Smarty #8, oops!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Are you sure you are updating the module?

Your experience just sounds like an older flash for some reason??

I have had the high idlenot work perfectly but, it usually just fluctuates a little too much. With that flash it should have easily went over 900 rpms??

Your turbo timer did not work because it was disabled for that flash!!! WE had a problem with it and that is what I was having you test for me on the alterate flash you were running before. So that is why the turbo timer did not work!

I have never had the de-fueling not work?? That is pretty odd.

When you flash the module do you go ahead and hit "get module information" just to see if the feature code changed?

Anyhow, don't mess with that old one, we made some changes based on a TON of feedback last time which is what I like!

The more feedback and the faster it gets to me the faster we can make adjustments!!!

I'll try to be as clear as possible without pulling the module and sending the code to you... I downloaded the file posted on your site last night and flashed my module... I always do 'get information' before and after to make sure the change went through... I started with last 4 digits 1007 and it changed to something else so I know it changed (I'll take better notes next time!) I also know it changed cause the fueling was way different and my comp tune didn't have TT and high idle....

I have your email from today and will put 100 or so miles on it tomorrow and post/email back...

Ahhh the defueling doesn't work on my truck because EGTs on the box are 0*!! DONT have the pyro hooked up! Perfect for me cause I dont want the defueling! I do plan on using the gauge to test primary to secondary, pre and post-CAC intake temps... So no worries about defueling!!! I may hook the EGT up to the box temporarily just to make sure teh defueling works as it is supposed to on my truck.

Hope that was clear..... I'll make sure to use the software number when I post my results tomorrow just so there is no confusion!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....