Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
Updates sent.
Got it (saved it) but can't get it to open?? No 'permission' to access it??

RJ
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my files have always done that. what i do is save the file from the email to my flash drive, rename it there, then move it to the quadzilla folder or desktop or wherever you keep yours. it will work then. for some reason if i save mine to the folder and rename it there it wont let me open it, it will give me that same error message.

if you dont have a flash drive try saving it to your desktop, renaming it there and moving it to a folder and then opening it. i dont know if this will work for you but it does for me.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 AM

Did you rename it?

You have to rename the file extension to .exe for it to work.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 AM

Did you rename it?

You have to rename the file extension to .exe for it to work.
Yup...did that!
RJ
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM

No 'Flash Drive'. Saved to Desktop....renamed it...sent to folder! Still not opening? (Windows XP)

RJ
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
No 'Flash Drive'. Saved to Desktop....renamed it...sent to folder! Still not opening? (Windows XP)

RJ
Do you have the computer set up to view the entire file name with extension. If not you will be renaming it with .exe.ex_ Just checking, I do know that a lot of people are not aware of the fact that if you do not allow the entire name to be viewed, there is no way you can change it.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:14 AM

I rename mine when I save it. when it ask you to save or open I chose save then when I chose the location and name I just type the (.exe) behind the name and save it. Always works for me that way. I could never get it to work by saving the renaming. Hope this helps.
Joe
Old 11-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
Do you have the computer set up to view the entire file name with extension.
Yes!

Originally Posted by cyric
I rename mine when I save it. When it ask you to save or open I chose save then when I chose the location and name I just type the (.exe) behind the name and save it. Always works for me that way. I could never get it to work by saving the renaming. Hope this helps.
Joe
Can't rename till after I save it somewhere??

Tried saving to several different files then renaming and moving to my Quad file. Still won't open?
Would love to test new program. Bummed out I can't get to it?

RJ
Old 11-23-2007, 12:29 PM

RJ.. check your email... sent you the file, renamed.. maybe it might help???
Bryan
Old 11-23-2007, 12:59 PM

Are you sure you are updating the module?

Your experience just sounds like an older flash for some reason??

I have had the high idlenot work perfectly but, it usually just fluctuates a little too much. With that flash it should have easily went over 900 rpms??

Your turbo timer did not work because it was disabled for that flash!!! WE had a problem with it and that is what I was having you test for me on the alterate flash you were running before. So that is why the turbo timer did not work!

I have never had the de-fueling not work?? That is pretty odd.

When you flash the module do you go ahead and hit "get module information" just to see if the feature code changed?

Anyhow, don't mess with that old one, we made some changes based on a TON of feedback last time which is what I like!

The more feedback and the faster it gets to me the faster we can make adjustments!!!
To add to my previous response.. That feedback was pertaining to:
FACTORY_

I am now flashing to:
BETAV300
from your previous email.... Hope that clears things up... Will be doing some testing shortly!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Yes!

Can't rename till after I save it somewhere??

Tried saving to several different files then renaming and moving to my Quad file. Still won't open?
Would love to test new program. Bummed out I can't get to it?

RJ
Download the file from here: BETA FILE
already an .exe should be ready to go
Old 11-23-2007, 03:18 PM

Well I loaded up the new software and did some testing today. I had no surging in any levels. Turbo timer runs 20 secs and shuts off. I tried the brake and throttle but neither would shut down the truck. Power seems good. I try to test the defueling but I just cant get the egts high enough. I need more fuel. I will have to try the defueling next time I am towing the trailer.
Joe
Old 11-23-2007, 04:19 PM

hey stupid question: can i hook my egt guage wires from quadzilla to my autometer probe? can you run 2 guages off one probe is what i'm asking or should i drill and tap another hole in my manifold for both of them?
Old 11-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Chapter President

Quad,
My hat is off to you!! This latest file is awesome. I ran at pretty much all speeds and on all power levels, surging, when it happens is sooo slight. I couldn't tell most of the time whether it was surging or if it was rough road conditions. Still pulls well from a dead stop, or when rolling and floor it. Turbo timer worked right at 20 seconds except for one time. This time truck just shut down, but turbo was already at 320 degrees. I don't know if temp makes a difference on the timer or not. Keep up the great work, this thing rocks!!!
Terry
Old 11-23-2007, 05:27 PM

I have to say that I am very impressed with the latest release as well. Surging is barely noticeable, even at the upper levels. The high idle works very well with RPM's ramping up slowly to 1200. Awesome work!
mishkaya

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....