Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
I am certain the surging was primarily due to the way I was tuning some of the fueling. I never like to blame other stuff until there is no other option.

I am also confident that I was causing the issue since I was able to solve it as well!

Only you can tell us if you are on the pump. Is there a seat of the pants difference when you go to PL3 from PL2? Change from 2 to 3 at 1/2 or more throttle and you will know if it is working or not. Should be a noticeable change.
Yes from 2 to 3 there is a noticeable surge in power, comes on like a rocket. I will try to get the J-hook off and try that tonight, just to eliminate that as a probable cause.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM

You need the JHook. If not you are for sure going to melt that turbo down.

Just download one of the new updates and your surging will go away or get way better.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
OK I'll bite. I have the same surging issue. My truck is basically stock. I have tried a lot of the tunes. My truck is very streetable on most tunes on PL01 or PL02. I have very aggressive acceleration all the way thru the power levels, but on light throttle it wants to buck me out of the seat. I don't really have a problem with that, cuz if I want to I just grab higher levels while under the gun. I am assuming because my truck is mostly stock, I am limited on performance by the stock injectors. Cruising at speed no smoke. If I let off the pedal and give her good I get a pretty good snake, then it clears up. Under full throttle it will smoke a little from a stop, until the turbo spools then clears up and just pulls. I need to know if this is about right for a stocker? I have checked and rechecked all of my connections and all is good and or tight. Please let me know that I'm not losing my mind. I am not new to diesels, just new to diesel performance and this is the first experience with "Tapping " the wire.

I see you have an 02 Auto. Have you tried to a boosted launch. I'm really interested if this box overrides the torque managment on the 01-02 auto trucks. If it sint too much could you report back here with the results. I talked to Justin today and my box should go out today. Which means Monday or Tuesday I'll be able to answer this question myself, but if you get to it before me atleast I'll know what to expect.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
I see you have an 02 Auto. Have you tried to a boosted launch. I'm really interested if this box overrides the torque managment on the 01-02 auto trucks. If it sint too much could you report back here with the results. I talked to Justin today and my box should go out today. Which means Monday or Tuesday I'll be able to answer this question myself, but if you get to it before me atleast I'll know what to expect.
Mine did not like the boosted launch, but I can easily turn the tires just by mashing the pedal. It has NEVER done that before.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 PM

what will it boost up to while holding the brakes on? does it cut out around 10-15 lbs boost?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Bjans
what will it boost up to while holding the brakes on? does it cut out around 10-15 lbs boost?
Somewhere around that. It will start to spool and then kind of feels like just goes limp.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM

there talking some boost managment for fixing that. one step at a time remember.... or so i've been told

i can't wait to see what she will do on the dyno for me, i have an appointment on nov 12th in kamloops on a mustang dyno.

on the new 10 map options which maps should i get pulls on?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Somewhere around that. It will start to spool and then kind of feels like just goes limp.
Bummer not something I wanted to hear. Is this something you are gonna be able to work around Quad?? If not I guess I'll talk to Marco and Bob W and see if they can set me up with a torque managment only tune. I guess I still need the tire size changer and code reader.

On a good note my box shipped today so I'll see if I can get a bonzai boosted run. And report back here with what I can get done. I'm wondering being that the Adrenaline adjusts some of the signals from truck to the ECM if any of them can be fudged to fool the torque management. Quad if you need to test any loads to see if we can work around this I offer up my truck and the 5mile stretch of highway directly to the north of me.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Chapter President

I was wondering if anyone else is getting a "bucking " or surging issue yet? I just found a Bullydog spring loaded Jhook on my truck. I think maybe the spring may be adjusted a little light or might just be worn and thus causing the "flutter". I am going to try to get it fixed rigid tomorrow. Just wondering what the GURU"s have to say. I love the way this box just pulls and keeps going, but so far as soon as I let off the pedal I have to go down a few power levels to just drive.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 PM

I was wondering if anyone else is getting a "bucking " or surging issue yet? I just found a Bullydog spring loaded Jhook on my truck. I think maybe the spring may be adjusted a little light or might just be worn and thus causing the "flutter". I am going to try to get it fixed rigid tomorrow. Just wondering what the GURU"s have to say. I love the way this box just pulls and keeps going, but so far as soon as I let off the pedal I have to go down a few power levels to just drive.
I would just put a turn-buckle on it and be done with it. It will positivly bypass the wastegate by mechanically inhibiting its movement. I had a j hook on my truck and it would open up at 28 psi. With the turn-buckle I can exceed 35 psi with my Smarty/TST stack. Wouldn't push too much more than 35 PSI as stock Holsets have been know to come apart on the other side of 40 psi frequently.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by qzilla
I am certain the surging was primarily due to the way I was tuning some of the fueling. I never like to blame other stuff until there is no other option.

I am also confident that I was causing the issue since I was able to solve it as well!

Only you can tell us if you are on the pump. Is there a seat of the pants difference when you go to PL3 from PL2? Change from 2 to 3 at 1/2 or more throttle and you will know if it is working or not. Should be a noticeable change.
Yes from 1 to2 it hits noticeably From 2 to 3 it is fierce when you are on the loud pedal. I did not do all the mods on my truck, as I bought it used. I am checking everything I can on my end to discount any programming issues and make sure I dont have some mechanical Gremlins at work. I will be digging onto the turbo soon to ease my mind that it is good. I am looking into an upgrade as well. I know this box "LOVES" WOT.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 PM

does it adjust for tire size?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 PM

The Commander when it is available will show corrected speed.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Well guys been running the new 10 level program for the past 150 or so miles... The box was behaving much better for me! Was able to play with all levels.. Man you start getting above level 5 and there is some serious fuel pouring into the motor! Thing is crazy fast Never seen my pyro climb that fast before ... My little HX up top is begging for mercy!

Still a surge in the lower numbers when trying to maintain speed or accelerate lightly (although quite a bit less than previous versions)... Still think #3 and #4 need to be subdued a good bit... They are running like number 5 or 6 on the TST Comp! at least the low end of the program... If it wants to be strong up top that is fine, but when I'm putting around town low in the RPMs or just easily rowing though the gears I dont need/ want all that fuel... Truck wants to go go go and complains if I dont let it! (aka surge)

Box is getting very close to where it needs to be on my truck! Only minor tweaking should be required... Hopefully get on the dyno soon and see what this thing will lay down...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
BBA

Ok bringin this back so we dont have to go to the 63rd page just to see whats new so how about all the adrenaline guys start using this one again to discuss there thoughts and problems.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....