Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

new goerend bros tranny and tc

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new goerend bros tranny and tc

just picked up a goerend bros transmission and TC the other day. $3400 ouch!! It is sitting here in my living room and when I am done typing this I will be flushing the heat exchange tranny cooler thing, and then putting the transmission in. One problem that I have is that I need a transmission cooler but I dont want to wait 2weeks to drive my truck and spend $200+ on one.Does anyone know where I can get one locally?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which one??
Old 07-27-2006, 10:46 AM

what about this tranny cooler. I did a search on bugpack on this site and found nothing. It is reahttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUGPACK-VW-COMPLETE-FULL-FLOW-MESA-COOLER-FAN-KIT_W0QQitemZ170011992600QQihZ007QQcategoryZ46095Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemlly an engine oil cooler but I dont think it matters.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Which one??
the cooler by the radiator. The reason I domt have one is because I bought the truck wrecked in the front and the factory one got mangled
Old 07-27-2006, 10:51 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUGPA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 PM

This one works for me.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 07-27-2006, 02:32 PM

I just bought one from advance auto parts for 149.95. Its made by hayden part #525. Its called "The Dawg" and it has a fan mounted on it
Old 07-27-2006, 09:02 PM

Okay the transmission is in now, that was the first transmission I have done in one of these trucks and I must say its pretty easy and simple, it took me and my friend about 2hrs to put on the adapter plate, flywheel, and TC and tranny in. We used a floor jack which was a pain in the *** but it worked. Nothing else is hooked up like the transfer case or any wires or linkages, but thats for tomorrow morning.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:43 AM

hey will you send me a write up when you are done... like about how it handles, how hard the job was and anything you needed to buy extra that didnt come from gerond... i want to welll actually have to get a tranny for mine.... but idk if i wanna convert it or buy a built one....
thanks,
john
Old 07-28-2006, 10:38 AM

I will pm you with details of the tranny when im done, but I must say I did a lot of reaserch before I bought this setup and it seems like the best deal considering how much ats and dtt trannys cost. The goerend tranny has a 100,000 mile warranty and tourqe converter has a lifetime warranty! I was going to build my own tranny but when I talked to Dave Goerend about that it added up to $900 in parts which isnt worth it considering the warranty and the special tools it takes, not to mention quick turnaround time.
transmission $1800
tourqe converter $1200
new flexplate $107
shipping $190+190 return
Dave knows what he is doing and when he is building a trans you can tell him what you want it to do and thats how he will build it. He can make it down shift by it self, shift different or whatever you want. He will talk on the phone to you for an hour just to make sure you know what your getting. I got my tranny sooner than expected because Dave sent it out before I had a chance to pay for it! The honesty and customer service is well worth the money
Old 07-28-2006, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qcstunter
I will pm you with details of the tranny when im done, but I must say I did a lot of reaserch before I bought this setup and it seems like the best deal considering how much ats and dtt trannys cost. The goerend tranny has a 100,000 mile warranty and tourqe converter has a lifetime warranty! I was going to build my own tranny but when I talked to Dave Goerend about that it added up to $900 in parts which isnt worth it considering the warranty and the special tools it takes, not to mention quick turnaround time.
transmission $1800
tourqe converter $1200
new flexplate $107
shipping $190+190 return
Dave knows what he is doing and when he is building a trans you can tell him what you want it to do and thats how he will build it. He can make it down shift by it self, shift different or whatever you want. He will talk on the phone to you for an hour just to make sure you know what your getting. I got my tranny sooner than expected because Dave sent it out before I had a chance to pay for it! The honesty and customer service is well worth the money

You got that right, Dave is the best. I use him for all of my parts for the trannys I build!!
Old 07-28-2006, 04:39 PM

sounds good thanks, let me know how you like it and if it holds your power.... i think that would be sweet to have a nice built auot or convert this beast to stick.
thanks again,
john
Old 07-30-2006, 11:59 PM

I got everything in and hooked up. The crossmember was a pain to get in. I had to buy a long hydraulic ram from harbor freight for 40.00 and use it to spread the frame rails a little. As far as how the truck drives I like how it feels but I think I need to clean or replace my throttle position sensor because sometimes it shifts too early. I love how it shifts and puts the power to the ground. I know I am going to get a lot better fuel milage because the rpms are lower.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 AM

I figured out why my truck is being slow and shifts early, the throttle rod has been broken and rewelded by the previous owner and was not allowing full throttle. The plastic bushings in the tps are also worn so there is excessive play. I hope I can get those bushings because I cant afford a new tps much less a throttle rod.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 AM

sounds good...
how well would you say it puts the power to the ground on a scale from 1-10? I am on the fence of going built auto or conversion to stick.... i love to drive stickshifts but also its gonna be some work to go the other way so i might put a built auto in.
Thanks
John

Quick Reply: new goerend bros tranny and tc