Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

New adjustable Track-Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New adjustable Track-Bar

Snoking just posted some pictures on the TDR site,2nd Gen.Forum, "Steering Upgrade ,My steering sucks" New product from Solidsteel.biz, black bar is original from 2003,red bar is the totaly new adjustable bar just going into production,also the new drop bracket to use the 2003 trackbar for trucks with up to 2 in. lift,the new red adjustable trackbar will fit 94 to 2005 trucks with 0 and up lift, they have bonded rubber bushings on each end with a + factor for durability over the original 2003-05 trackbar bushings. I looked on their web site-www.solidsteel.biz- didnt see it there yet. Got to get my order in.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:27 PM

Could have done way better for about $180 less.....
Old 01-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cowhand
How?
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Does the Thurenfab use the stock mounting, I.E. ball joint?

Or does it use bushings like the 3rd gen?

phox
Old 01-14-2005, 04:34 AM

here is the link for the thuren set up. http://www.thurenfabrication.com/trackbar.html
Old 01-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Is that what you're talking about Cowhand ? The Thuren bar ?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm plenty happy with my DT bar. No slop at all-- the Heim is a great design.

I've heard of DT mount brackets failing, or causing frame collapse, but this is mostly confined to the early designs.

The newer design (which I have) has spacer sleeves that go between the two holes you drill, which reinforces the frame to withstand the compressive force of the bolts being tightened.

The weld-on bracket like the Thuren bar uses is a great approach, IMHO. I prefer the DT bar, though, because it is straight (inherently stronger), adjustable, and has a Heim joint on one end. The penalty of the straight bar is that you forfeit a Mag-hytec D60 option.

Justin
Old 01-14-2005, 03:32 PM

Hey ,HOHN are you sliping your clutch with your set up ,and I'm also about to do the tuff country 2' spacers and DT , did you find that the d25s make your truck too high in front ,all the trucks I saw with them looked like that, they must give more like a 3 inch lift in front, anyways ya just sold me on the DT. Thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 08:59 PM

Yeah, I'm running the Thuren bar. Absolutely love it. Like the DT bar, it is adjustable and rebuildable.

The DT bar is a good bar, but I'm hearing that even with the sleeves, guys are pulling bolts through the frame. The only sure way to keep it in place is to weld the bracket on.

Heims work great, but unfortunately they don't stay lubricated and they typically wear out pretty quick in that application. Guys over at pavementsucks.com are getting anywhere from 5K to 50K on the Heims on their bar. I replaced the Heim on my SJ bar at 25K. The Thuren bar uses a hybrid bushing at the axle end and a Rubicon Express style joint at the frame end. The Rubicon joint is adjustable in case it gets an play, and it can be greased through the zirt fitting.

As far as straight being stronger, I'll lay good money that the Thuren bar is stronger than the DT. Last time I saw a DT bar, the bar itself was aluminum. Thuren sleeves .25 wall 1.75" DOM over 1.5" DOM at the bends, all steel.

It weighs a ton, but if you knew the hydraulic pressures Don is seeing when he bends that sleeved tube, you wouldn't worry about the strength of the bend.

His track bar for stock height trucks is a direct bolt in, the Rubicon joint is directly through bolted to the track bar frame boss, no bracket required.

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Don Thuren before I bought anything from him. I started with the track bar and then ordered cross over steering. Now he's working on shock towers so I can run Fox shocks.....

Absolutely no slam on DT....I have David working on a special project for me right now.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:31 PM

I really like the look/design of the ThurenFab track bar but the website is a little sketchy on the details. Is the current bar applicable for a non-lifted truck? It sounds like it is, but then later on is says it's not. Then still later theres a statement that one for stock trucks will be "available soon." Any ideas on when this will be?

Otherwise I might have to go my original choice and get the solid steel bracket and 2003 track bar set up. Any additional thoughts?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:31 PM

Don has a track bar available now for stock height trucks. Give him a shout.

If you get his voice mail, he's pretty good about calling back. He'll give you more info than you need.

The picture at the bottom with the quarter next to it is the stock height bar.