Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

more fass probs

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more fass probs

Whats up yall!
I hooked my fass up through the window circut in the fuse block.
I had a pump go out and put the new brushless on and noticed it was alot louder, held higher pres. and sounded like it was moving alot more air.
Everything was fine the i realized today that i started the truck and the fp gauge dropped after a second and wouldnt start back but it runs fine if the truck isnt running? ????
any thoughts. whats the best power source, my factory lead wont hold a current eaither?
Thanks
Old 07-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which FASS do you have? I have the FASS II and it wired directly to the battery via supplied relay and inline fuse.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:52 PM

Thanks for the reply! I'm running a relay and tripping of the power window. I rewired to a diffrent wire and im not having any problems now! My Factory lead would only start the pump and shut it back off! Now im wondering why its so loud... the sound varys like they say it will but its very loud! With 6" Pipes i can still hear the pump. If i crack the water seperator or filter it stops and sounds normal. Im thinking maybe somthing in the tank but it wasnt doing it with the old pump and im still running the 95. I'm going to try to get some good pics of my ride on here!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by mysterync
Thanks for the reply! I'm running a relay and tripping of the power window. I rewired to a diffrent wire and im not having any problems now! My Factory lead would only start the pump and shut it back off! Now im wondering why its so loud... the sound varys like they say it will but its very loud! With 6" Pipes i can still hear the pump. If i crack the water seperator or filter it stops and sounds normal. Im thinking maybe somthing in the tank but it wasnt doing it with the old pump and im still running the 95. I'm going to try to get some good pics of my ride on here!

If you crack the WS, you are going to suck air. What truck are you putting this on? You have several in your sig. I assume you went to the PW fuse due to hard starts? Can try the Window WIper fuse as well....anything that is hot only in run...just make sure you have the signal wire from the relay running to the fuse....not the wire from the FASS...that may blow the fuse......