Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Just a Tease...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 11:46 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Just a Tease...

Wonder who that guy was that got ripped on three websites saying those triples were engineered wrong? :'(

I still have the text from the defenders of those...those ...those, " things" LOL

Don~

Old 08-10-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrew, I dropped the HT4B down as far as I could and it sits on the AC line and is no more than 1 inch above the frame. With the bottom of the HT4B compressor as low as it could go this is how much clearance there is on the top of the compressor.

When the wastegate opens there is about 1mm of clearance.

Horace
Old 08-10-2003, 12:59 PM

Is it my computer or does the link not work. I have been having toruble with links not working so just wondering.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:44 PM

Fixed for now...
Old 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM

Link still doesn't work for me.

Don,
Find where I said I thought it would work and I'll give you a dollar. :

Horace,
Do you or JR have any type of CFM rating, or lbs/min numbers on this turbo? Did you hook up a drive pressure check on it yet? ;D
Old 08-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Banned

Tx-I got ya. Man....I can't believe I agree with Don~ on something!! Obviously someone from NASA designed that setup. I wonder if they've tried them out?? They sure are purty though...they match those purple valve covers!!
Old 08-10-2003, 08:43 PM

You say you got these from JR, I know that you WERE working with Al at PDR for a while on an HX60, what changed your mind to go with a bigger charger?
Andrew, I did work with Al for more than a month on a wastegated HX60 but it didn't work out... They ordered turbos there and looked at several but it is really hard to work with Holset on anything aftermarket... they couldn't find a wastegate housing that was small enough. I believe the one they ordered had a 38cm wastegated housing on it. They then were going to try to hybrid it but it was going to cost to much money. They are still experamenting with different Primarys besides the HT3B and they will offer the best one they can find when they release their twin turbos as kits on the market. What they are looking for is a more efficient slightly bigger charger. I belive they have found one but I am not sure if they have finished testing. As for me I am extremly happy with what I have... This 4B just spools faster than I ever imagined.

Horace
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 PM

Bull,
I hear ya about agreeing with Donny!

Horace,
Nice way to side step my question about how much air it moves!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:04 PM

Horace,
Nice way to side step my question about how much air it moves!
Thanks! I thought I did rather well also.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:47 AM

ok, so since you won't answer my question about that, then tell me how big the exhaust housing is. A/R or CM, your choice.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:59 PM

There is a choice of 5 different size exhaust housing on the HT4B. I chose to go with the smallest since not many people run this big of a charger on their daily driver. I do know it AR size but I don't want to give away any propriatary information so lets see if JR wants to answer or not.

Duck.... Bob.... Weave...

Old 08-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Banned

[quote author=Battering Ram link=board=7;threadid=18103;start=30#msg171216 date=1060631946]
There is a choice of 5 different size exhaust housing on the HT4B. I chose to go with the smallest since not many people run this big of a charger on their daily driver. I do know it AR size but I don't want to give away any propriatary information so lets see if JR wants to answer or not.

Duck.... Bob.... Weave...

[/quote]

Ok.... there are 5 different housings for the HT4b. Horace is running the .78. Then we have XX(i cant rembember ) .96, 1.00, and 1.05.

Horace how are the NEW turbos compared to the old twins that you had? How is drivability?? You said that spoolup was quick..........but how quick is it compared to the old setup?? You are running the same boost numbers right?? What kind of EGT gage do you have??? What were your EGT's before??

BTW Horace the smallest housing that I could get for my LARGE turbo is a 1.40 A/R.

OK im typed out!!

J.R.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:25 PM

Ok.... there are 5 different housings for the HT4b. Horace is running the .78. Then we have XX(i cant remember ) .96, 1.00, and 1.05.
GOOD LORD MAN! A .78 on that big of a turbo? Just our of curiosity, what A/R was that 55 that blew in Muncie?

Horace how are the NEW turbos compared to the old twins that you had? How is drivability?? You said that spoolup was quick..........but how quick is it compared to the old setup?? You are running the same boost numbers right?? What kind of EGT gage do you have??? What were your EGT's before??
Um....yea.....so I'm waiting on this now. ;D
Old 08-12-2003, 01:20 PM

This set compared to the old set dropped EGT's by about 200 degrees. This set is also spooling as fast or faster even though both the chargers and housings are both bigger . I'm still not sure why since the set I had spooled up great. They are 100% daily drivable with no smoke with the TST box off. As of know these twins have not shown what they can really do yet since I am limiting them to 60psi when they are capable of much more. I am planning on getting backpressure readings this week and I will be shure to share them with you all when I get them.

Horace
Old 08-12-2003, 02:58 PM

if you ever run across a set of twins you would like tested I guess you could put them on my truck. ;D
DM01
P/S or a big single

Quick Reply: Just a Tease...