Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How Make A High Performance Lift Pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 02:30 AM
xms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Make A High Performance Lift Pump

Hey guys who make a high performance lift pump I got a 02 dodge 2500 cummins with the juice with the attitude 1-3 pwr level no problem but 4-5 pwr level 3psi wot big problem
Old 07-29-2006, 02:39 AM
CJ

F-1 cam and mechanical lift pump is the direction I'm headed in. 30-40 psi is no problem from what I've read. Plus you'll be just one step closer when it comes time to p-pump it.
CJ
Old 07-29-2006, 12:08 PM

well fellas I have a pusher set up that was in theroy gonna make <20psi but for some raeson it was sticking my 30lb guage even on a 5x5 hard pull...I liked that part. I helped a friend set his up like mine and he saw similar numbers. well his vp blew the seal that keeps the fuel in and oil out, took it to our friend at advanced diesel in spokane and john there said hmm, never seen that seal blow before and those should be safe pressures. he replaced the seal and my buddy drives for another 5k miles and while on a trip 500 mi from home it does it again! he calls me and I said I'll be there in 8 hours to get ya....I did go pick him up and 125miles from home mine blew with him on my trailer! I have 50k miles on mine at those pressures and he had 20k on one and 5k on another......moral of the story, I am so gunshy of the too little/too much fuel pressure that a p pump is the only way I will drive my truck to alaska and beable to sleep at night.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:25 PM

just add a holley blue in line= no more fuel pressure problems. 20/13 WOT
Old 07-29-2006, 05:56 PM
xms

Originally Posted by STACKED
just add a holley blue in line= no more fuel pressure problems. 20/13 WOT
Hey Stacked do you have a write up on the holley blue setup and do I need to get the regulator aswell
Old 07-29-2006, 06:02 PM
xms

Originally Posted by high country
well fellas I have a pusher set up that was in theroy gonna make <20psi but for some raeson it was sticking my 30lb guage even on a 5x5 hard pull...I liked that part. I helped a friend set his up like mine and he saw similar numbers. well his vp blew the seal that keeps the fuel in and oil out, took it to our friend at advanced diesel in spokane and john there said hmm, never seen that seal blow before and those should be safe pressures. he replaced the seal and my buddy drives for another 5k miles and while on a trip 500 mi from home it does it again! he calls me and I said I'll be there in 8 hours to get ya....I did go pick him up and 125miles from home mine blew with him on my trailer! I have 50k miles on mine at those pressures and he had 20k on one and 5k on another......moral of the story, I am so gunshy of the too little/too much fuel pressure that a p pump is the only way I will drive my truck to alaska and beable to sleep at night.
Hey high country is it because of the high pressure on the low side that it blew and what exacually is a p-pump sorry for the stupid question I'm new @ this diesel stuff