Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Help Me Understand My Hypothesis

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:26 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help Me Understand My Hypothesis

Hello,

Here it is I just got a cold air intake coming as I believe it will help cool the egts down and help the turbo spool better correct? My egts are not out of hand now with the 4'' exhaust and the van aaken I can’t even come close to 1200* I have tried and it don’t work. I am just wondering what kind of little improvements I will notice with the van aaken v5 the 4'' exhaust and now adding to the pot the intake? The only reason I went this route was I was replacing my factory filters too often cause my stock filter box was letting in dust some were and it was getting annoying I went with the S&B cold air intake that is a sealed box that uses the factory whole in the fender for drawing the cold air in. I believe that I was getting the dirt coming in from the slots next to the bolts that hold the OEM air box on the fender.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude why didn't you ask me first about aftermarket intakes?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned

Your not gonna see a drop with an aftermarket intake where your sitting. The timing from the VA is what's giving you the low EGT's.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

K thats fine with me I am happy with my egts but it will help the turbo spool little better?????? if i gain any thing its for the good any ways mostly i went this route cause its sealed box except for were the duct goes though the fender to draw the air in from there and with the dusty conditions i am in 98% of the time the factory air box left little to be desired. With the factory box i was changing air filters more than i cared to be and i know i could have left them on longer than need be but i hate having a problem so far from home. the factory box seemed to be letting dust in though some little wholes were it mounts to the fender and so the dust came in and there was always to much dirt in the bottom of the box for comfort zone and there always seemed to get water in though those wholes in the winter time making a for a super plugged filter.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

You might get a little better spoolup. What it'll really help is future bombing plans.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:14 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

LOL Thanks TY as for now I am done with my playing around I am happy were I am at for hose power and torque and i can tow my cattle n horse around perfectly fine come this January ill have the Jake brake on and then i am done tell the house is finished being remodeled
Old 09-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
and then i am done tell the house is finished being remodeled
Like I said, it'll help with the future bombing plans.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:42 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Thumbs down

Got my S&B intake this after noon and went to install and it was either the wrong box or the fix n finish is crap! I'm sending this back and recalling the troops and will start over an research a lil bit more. Now on the stock air box why is there slots were the bolts bolt the box to the fender? i believe this is were my water n the dust is coming in an trashing my filters. I taped the openings up and i sealed the sleeve for the OEM box better see what I gain from doing this.