Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

headlight upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have just bought these for my truck:
1994-2002 Dodge Ram Truck Sport-Style Conversion Headlights Kit New at HeadlightsDepot.com | Top Quality Headlights at Affordable Prices
They are clean and clear but look quite cheesy. I was upset at first, but then looked at several headlights of all modern cars: they are cheap and cheesy. They are all disposable. So I think I will give them a shot, they are so cheap. If they last 5 years, its good enough. I don't know if even the OEM sport ones have glass lenses, like the OEM non-sport ones I have currently. They are class but they are so dim.
EDIT: The OEM old ones are not glass, I was wrong. They are plastic too.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
If I go for the sport headlights I'll get them from Genos.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulDaisy
I have just bought these for my truck:
1994-2002 Dodge Ram Truck Sport-Style Conversion Headlights Kit New at HeadlightsDepot.com | Top Quality Headlights at Affordable Prices
They are clean and clear but look quite cheesy. I was upset at first, but then looked at several headlights of all modern cars: they are cheap and cheesy. They are all disposable. So I think I will give them a shot, they are so cheap. If they last 5 years, its good enough. I don't know if even the OEM sport ones have glass lenses, like the OEM non-sport ones I have currently. They are class but they are so dim.
That looks like a decent price for those. They might not be quite the quality of the OEM ones, but OEM has plastic lenses as well and there are sure a lot of those around that are all yellowed. I have the same thought as you- replace them every five years if necessary, or at least polish and clear coat them.

Oh, and putting them on relays will help you a lot, as you will be drawing twice the current on high beam than previously.
The following users liked this post:
nothingbutdarts (10-25-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 12:00 PM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
I put a set of factory fog lights on my 01. They helped and they where worth the money. Half of my commute is along a windy river. It really helped by widening up the light to cover the sides of the road where the moose hide. The problem I have is the light doesn't go far enough down the road even on high beams. Low beams point down too much and I can't adjust them up any further. I just ordered some high output LEDS to try. It's getting darker by the minute up here.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The harnesses that came with the lights I bought don't have the proper wiring. They don't appear to have a wire for high beam to one of the sockets. I am guessing this is how these people are avoiding the overload of a factory switch, since they don't include a relay harness. I am irritated by this: if I want to correctly turn on the high beam in all 4 bulbs, I need to add the pins to the 9007 sockets, and the ones included have no pins in the unused holes, so now I need to buy the pins somewhere and hope they fit.
Sigh. Everything is a project.