Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EEP, SBC Street, or Mcleoud Dual Disk clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EEP, SBC Street, or Mcleoud Dual Disk clutch?

I wanted to do this as a poll, but please respond or PM me with which clutch you have.

I'm researching right now trying to decide which clutch I want to get at the first of the year. I'm really only leaning towards the SBC Street DD or the EEP because I haven't heard much about the McLeoud Dual disk, but I'm open to all suggestions and info.

Thanks.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:35 AM
Banned

Re:EEP, SBC Street, or Mcleoud Dual Disk clutch?

If I'm correct, the McLeoud is a pull only clutch or something like that. It is very grabby and probably not good for towing. I could be wrong but I think that's what I heard about it a long time ago.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:53 AM
Banned

I have the double disk puller clutch from SBC. It is hooking great and is very street friendly. It is the smoothest clutch and NO RATTLES!! ;D You can look here www.southbendclutch.com or call them at 1-800-988-4345 ask for Peter.

J.R.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:08 AM

I've run both the McLeod street twin disk and now the EEP. The McLeod is not recommended for sled pulling but can take a few a year if not abused (redline launches, long slips, etc).
Old 07-31-2003, 10:52 AM

IF I HAD A manual, I would get the SBC DD, and then EEP would be a close second.

Andrew
Old 07-31-2003, 11:35 AM

I have a South Bend DD....No problems!!! My recommendation is a South Bend Clutch, excellent reputation, excellent customer service, innovator, and has kept up with our power clutch needs. ;D ;D
Steve
Old 07-31-2003, 11:43 AM
Banned

[quote author=TxDieselKid link=board=7;threadid=17773;start=0#msg166352 date=1059666768]
IF I HAD A manual, I would get the SBC DD, and then EEP would be a close second.

Andrew
[/quote]

But you don't so sush.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:47 AM

I like SBC and EEP the only thing I have against the4 SBC is it is unproven and it says they don't back it so If I blow it its my $$ well with a EEP clutch I have trust in it. Not saying the SBC is a bad clutch and If schied or mitchel put one in their truck for a year and it held then I would feel the same way about the SBC as the EEP but thats just my few cents wort
DM01
Old 07-31-2003, 01:01 PM

[quote author=dodgeman01 link=board=7;threadid=17773;start=0#msg166379 date=1059670070]
I like SBC and EEP the only thing I have against the4 SBC is it is unproven and it says they don't back it so If I blow it its my $$ well with a EEP clutch I have trust in it. Not saying the SBC is a bad clutch and If schied or mitchel put one in their truck for a year and it held then I would feel the same way about the SBC as the EEP but thats just my few cents wort
DM01
[/quote]

I agree with Aaron here...and the whole reason that I posted this is because Aaron and I are trying to figure out which DD clutch we want.

I too feel that the SBC DD hasn't been out long enough to prove itself, but then again I know JR is running one, Dodgeboy59 is running one, and Justin Rawlings is running one.??? However Dave Mitchell put like 60 or 70 pulls on the EEP DD he had to "replace" last year didn't he?

What it all comes down to is...Aaron and I are both running about the same power levels 400HP/900TQ, I haul occasionally (no more than 13-14K usually), Aaron hauls for his farm ALL the time, and we both would like to pull in the street class sled pulls occasionally and still have a clutch to drive home on.

I only get to attend maybe 3 or 4 pulls a year, but I would like the option of hooking once or twice without killing my clutch. That and for the $$$ these cluthes cost I want this to be the LAST clutch I put in!!

With all that being said........MORE INFO PLEASE! ;D
Old 07-31-2003, 03:36 PM

I hear what your saying about the SBC-DD not being on the market for too long, and that REALLY has to play a part. Peter however I think has done his homework, and is letting some high hp guys run the clutch. Not as high as DaveM, but you mentioned some already, and Doug from ADT is another. Might want to give him a call as I think he has had both.

I don't think you can beat the reputation that the EEP clutch has behind it though. And if your counting votes, count one for the EEP for Sleddy since he can't vote here. :P

Andrew
Old 07-31-2003, 03:57 PM

You wanna run 400 ponies and 900 trq and nothing's ever supposed to break? ??? That's almost funny.

Abusing vehicles is fun, but be pepared to pay for it. :-[

[quote author=Got Smoke? link=board=7;threadid=17773;start=0#msg166423 date=1059674497]
[quote author=dodgeman01 link=board=7;threadid=17773;start=0#msg166379 date=1059670070]
DM01
[/quote]

I agree with Aaron here...and the whole reason that I posted this is because Aaron and I are trying to figure out which DD clutch we want.

I too feel that the SBC DD hasn't been out long enough to prove itself, but then again I know JR is running one, Dodgeboy59 is running one, and Justin Rawlings is running one.??? However Dave Mitchell put like 60 or 70 pulls on the EEP DD he had to "replace" last year didn't he?

What it all comes down to is...Aaron and I are both running about the same power levels 400HP/900TQ, I haul occasionally (no more than 13-14K usually), Aaron hauls for his farm ALL the time, and we both would like to pull in the street class sled pulls occasionally and still have a clutch to drive home on.

I only get to attend maybe 3 or 4 pulls a year, but I would like the option of hooking once or twice without killing my clutch. That and for the $$$ these cluthes cost I want this to be the LAST clutch I put in!!

With all that being said........MORE INFO PLEASE! ;D
[/quote]