Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

"Cummins Stanless exhaust Header"???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are no longer selling to the public, you have to go through a vendor. i dont think they have a vendor for us yet.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2500CTD
No experience with Buicks, but are the stock headers stainless on the jeeps? We have a 91 and no issues, but have seen a bunch cracked in the junkyards. Also our Firebolt has stainless exhaust and no issues with those cracking either. Granted that is an aircooled V twin.
If you do a search on jeepforum.com you'll see that most all Jeeps end up with cracked headers. Half of the ones around here are ticking from the cracks. Goes along with the leaks I guess. Kind of like owning a detroit diesel. Our 91 leaks. I keep repairing it with thermosteel until I can get an aftermarket header bought.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I work as a welder with stainless a lot. Stainless will move more than carbon steel when it is heated. That is why headers crack. Also if stainless is continually heated 1500 - 1700 degrees the nickle is burned out of the metal. You now have basically carbon steel. This is one of the issues with welding stainless to keep it cool so you don't loose the nickle. Here is a very nice header I am thinking of making one similar to this.header
Also take a look at the holes on the flanges on the header in the ebay add not good.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar_Man
So ware is the information on this header? Price, ware to buy, ect...any info?
I suppose you could email them, I just came across their site in my e-travels.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:10 PM

I think a cast stainless manifold with .250 tho walls would do the job better. long stainless header toobs would let the heat of the ex cool to much and you will lose the power of heat. you might gain in flow but in the turbo gas world if you put on headers with the toobs to big you get a very very laggy ride . has any one done back to back test on a truck with a header a manifold? maybe even someone who is not trying to sell one ???
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DIESELDENT

found this one, couldnt find a picture of the other one but i think i remember one of the trucks from the most recent Diesel Power challenge had one.
That is a one-off header built by Timo Tammeslehto, a guy from Finland I think who put a 12-valve in a Suburban. Did an incredible build.The beauty of this header is it keeps the turbo in the stock location, but with the exhaust housing clocked so the runners can be longer and make a better angle of entry into the turbo. LONG thread on TDR back in 2003-05 timeframe, this page starts with the header (and a few pages after, not sure if non-TDR members can see this)

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...-get-c-10.html

My dislike with the ATS & HTT manifolds (and the stocker) is the VERY sharp turn exhaust gasses have to take out of ports 1 and 6. Plus with the HTT and ATS the large internal gap caused by the assembled sections. Most of the headers I've seen have nice gradual bends out of most exhaust ports, not restrictive tight-radius curves, and of course no midstream gaps.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 04smoker
I just wonder if that is the same header that industrial was supposed to be making for us? I understand that there are better ones out there? But, dont take my word.
Here is a photo of Industrial Injection's tubular manifold. They basically have them built to order by their fabricator, they are rather spendy but I like the clean simple look.
Attached Thumbnails "Cummins Stanless exhaust Header"???-ind-injection-manifold2.jpg  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:34 PM

Just found Timo's homepage, wow his albums are worth checking out. His header is in a lot of the "Older Updates" albums: http://www.devilscastle.net/ (scroll down to the bottom past all the crank machining pictures).

This guy has amazing talent, wish I had 1/10th his ability. Sorry if I'm starting to threadjack. . .
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 PM

WOW, that dude has skills....
Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 PM

heres one for a 12v. Its made by Armstrong Performance.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:20 AM

how much for that
Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 AM

Tubular headers are pretty popular over in the import racing scene. The problem is that when you hang a turbo on them they inevitably crack. Its not just cheap/poorly made ones, I've seen some of the top of the line ones end up with cracking issues. On a race vehicle that only sees 1/4 mile at a time its probably fine but for something that's driven on the street I wouldn't use one. I'd go with one of the aftermarket cast manifolds. Ideally someone would build a cast one that follows routing of the one that Timo made. There are several companies that are casting their own for the import cars now, I don't see why someone can't cast one like Timo's for these trucks. We all know that BD makes one that pretty much follows the stock routing, I'd like to see one that provides a longer exhaust port.

John
Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scarysmoke
heres one for a 12v. Its made by Armstrong Performance.

What is the benefit of this over an aftermarket cast manifold?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Looks Only