Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

clutch suggestions anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
That, my friend, is a matter of opinion and not fact. I have observed and been a part of customer service from SBC since 1998 and I will not support anyone as strongly as I would SBC. I could get into the 100's of stories about SBC's service, but I would simply ask Lary here for his honest thoughts as well.

Jason.
I would not waste my money on a Valair product, I replaced too many with Southbend products..... Why waste your money on the imitator when you can get one from the Innovator
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
The only reason I "wasted" my money on the imitator was because I didn't have money for the innovator! Wish I did, but that goes in one hand and out the other...

Anyways, if you are on a tight budget I can say you get your money's worth out of Valair products. I really don't think it's a better product in any way, but when I did shred my full ceramic at a sled pull and told them about it, they practically gave me the right clutch for my application, which is a 13" kevlar/ceramic single, and no I don't plan on pulling with it (much more). Very satisfied with customer service.

Just from what I've heard around town SB just takes a beating better. So spend as you desire!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imitator innovator? Sounds like nonsense to me.

The short answer when talking Valair is that a single disc is probably a bad choice for 600hp. If you aren't going big power, they have a lot of options, and very competitive pricing.

IMO Valiar is an excellent choice for a high quality cost effective mild upgrade clutch. Can't speak to their customer service as I haven't had a problem, but the product I received was clearly high quality.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by totalloser
Imitator innovator? Sounds like nonsense to me.
It wouldn't if you understand how they do business. Valair tries to copy everything Southbend puts out, unfortunately they use inferior parts in the process so you end up with a much lower quality product. I saw one of their products placed on the test machine Southbend uses to quality check their own product line...it failed miserably and Peter said if it had been one of his products it would have gone in the dumpster rather than shipped to a customer.

Here is an example of the innovation from Southbend, they have improved the dual disk to a dual friction surface that you can bet Valair is already trying to copy

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...c-t301312.html