Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Boost in crank case

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay thanks for the information AlpineRam, I will try to get in contact with him. What I have put together from the information I have gathered, I want the smallest injector that will get the job done so the fuel will atomize good. And the spray angle needs to be 145* with stock pistons (some people say you can get away with 155* if you don't add too much timing, I don't really know)
Old 10-22-2016, 02:43 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
It's only a rule of thumb that you want the smallest injector that gets the job done.

In reality there are a lot more factors that affect the performance of an injector. Mainly it's the geometry of the holes themselves, then there is SAC vs VCO and so on.

And then you have to consider that the timing that was correct for one injector can be off for another injector.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:49 AM

Okay, yeah I understand what you mean, I may have to do some more tinkering to get it right again. I think i'm probably just going to buy a new set of injectors and start from there, I've been getting in contact with the guys at power driven diesel and they have some pretty cheap injectors and all the reviews I can find are good about them.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:28 PM

Well, I don't know the guys from "power driven diesel", and my experience is from a different continent.
(And our fuel is quite different from yours, so any injector recommendation is quite worthless except from theoretical musings from my side)

Basically I would suggest that you go with a reputable vendor, and then go with their recommendation according to your setup.
The injection process seems simple at first, but any change to any parameter (like boost, valve lift etc.) will lead to a different swirl (in other words velocity, pressure and temperature) of your air load in the cylinder before you start injecting, and this is what makes tuning a bit difficult.
I think I may safely assume that you will use your truck the major portion of the driving time while not at full throttle, full boost and peak horsepower rpm.
So, for you to be satisfied it makes a lot of sense to tune to operational parameters that your truck sees a lot, but with provisions built in for WOT, no quarters given or expected.
Maybe it would be wise to cut off 100 peak hp to get something that is much more satisfying for your daily use?
Old 10-22-2016, 10:35 PM

I understand, everything you change will make a difference. I've gotten to the point where I am done with major engine upgrades (haha that's what everyone says). And like you said, I want to try to match my injectors with my setup now.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:12 PM

Update

Well I found one of my egt problems, My truck was really sluggish the a couple days ago, so I was looking for an exhaust manifold leak or something, and my wastegate adjusting rod (on the small turbo) had come all the way unscrewed and the wastegate was just open. So I guess over the past months (who knows how long) the rod had been slowly unscrewing and finally came loose. I tightened it back and put a lock nut on it and it runs much better now.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:51 AM

Well, that makes a lot of sense!

Did you get some results on the blow-by?
Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 AM

No I haven't had time to look into that yet, for now I'm just assuming that its not a problem until something else doesn't seem right, or I have time to look into it more. And like you said before there is suppose to be some air getting into the crank case by the valve stems, so maybe that's just how it is.