Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

You think your roads are bad? (not hyena-hernia related)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
You think your roads are bad? (not hyena-hernia related)

Take a look at this russian road:

http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin27c.htm

AlpineRAM
Old 02-23-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the pic of the 3 cars in the puddle with only the rear bumpers showing-as if one wasn't enough, someone decided to try it again......and again.....
Old 02-23-2008, 02:27 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

The roads in Kazakhstan weren't quite that bad, but there are places where its easier to drive in the ditch than on the highway. Its really amazing tho, that is perfectly normal.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
The roads in Kazakhstan weren't quite that bad, but there are places where its easier to drive in the ditch than on the highway. Its really amazing tho, that is perfectly normal.
Did you hit any Gypsy's along the way?

That road is nuts, atleast I thought it was until I seen that next article. Scroll down to the bottom of that Russian road page and click on the Bolivian road link. Those people have lost it! You couldn't pay me enough to take a Semi on a skinny narrow mountain road like that, especially not trying to pass another truck.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you sure thats not in louisiana the last picture looks like some of the people their
Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Did you hit any Gypsy's along the way?

That road is nuts, atleast I thought it was until I seen that next article. Scroll down to the bottom of that Russian road page and click on the Bolivian road link. Those people have lost it! You couldn't pay me enough to take a Semi on a skinny narrow mountain road like that, especially not trying to pass another truck.
no, but our driver was taking me to the hotel one evening, about a block from the hotel, he pointed to some stains on the road, he said two girls were ran over and killed crossing the road. The driver said he just didn't feel like stopping.
Driving is a bit chaotic over there.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:10 PM

I like the pic of the blonde with the silver sports car....You know she looked at the road and thought......It can't be as bad as it looks.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:49 PM

I know a guy from Russia and he says they drive fast on the roads to smooth out the bumps as very few roads are paved.

As for the Highway of Death in Bolivia, there was a show on Discovery that covered that road. Very dangerous and it was tough to build. Before you are allowed to drive over it your vehicle is inspected to make sure it should make it. Of course not everyone makes it.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:42 PM

There are many places where the term "road" is used very liberally.
There are places where "road" means you can still push the trees over to get thru.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM

That looks like most of are Rig roads in spring break up, when the frost and snow melt up north here.

makes a nice mess.

Nck.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Little03
That looks like most of are Rig roads in spring break up, when the frost and snow melt up north here.

makes a nice mess.

Nck.
LOL Yep once you break thru the vegetation your stuck. I've seen rigs stuck in that stuff, its not nice. We were out 4 wheeling on day and came into a wetlands, guy riding 2'nd in line broke thru. It was a you know what getting him back out. The first guy tried to get back out buy angling around, I am surprised we were able to get his out before it sunk out of site.

"Two more damsels in distress. With conditions like these, no wonder so many Russian women are trying to get married in America."

We have a huge Russian populace in the Delta area. don't know how they do it, they get 5 acres and build a 8 x 12 shack live in it one winter then next year they are building a new house. We have large Russian families 7-12 people here now living in brand new 7000-12000 sq ft houses. Driving new rigs, getting food stamp, PFD's, welfare checks free heating an power, phone, all that and they aren't even citizens, but they got a green card. No one seems to know how they get the monies for the houses, and I ain't talking a cheap house, some of these are $250,000 houses. The troopers are afraid of them because of the strong Russian Mafia ties, so things are starting to get tense in some areas around town.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty cool pictures. The person/thing in yellow with no pants is pretty creepy. I had to go back and look at the chick in the 350Z before going on to the Road of Death.

Where are the old K20 Chevy's with 44" Boggers? Guess there aren't too many rednecks in those parts.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AkTallPaul

We have a huge Russian populace in the Delta area. don't know how they do it, they get 5 acres and build a 8 x 12 shack live in it one winter then next year they are building a new house......
......Driving new rigs, getting food stamp, PFD's, welfare checks free heating an power, phone, all that and they aren't even citizens, but they got a green card.

No one seems to know how they get the monies for the houses, and I ain't talking a cheap house, some of these are $250,000 houses.
People know just don't want to say....

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
The troopers are afraid of them because of the strong Russian Mafia ties, so things are starting to get tense in some areas around town.
Definate concern there.

I think you just answered your own question.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:00 PM

take a look at the other thing on that guys site. there is some crayz stuff on there.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 AM

Cheskout that hiking trail in china. I mile high hloding on to a chain and walking in cutouts in the rock.

Quick Reply: You think your roads are bad? (not hyena-hernia related)