Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

windows 10??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
windows 10??

After installing windows 10 on one computer everything seemed ok so I installed it on the others. Came home from a long trip of about a month I noticed that the computers were running a lot slower. After some research I found that windows 10 comes with a setting for windows updates that allows other computers to get the update from your computer and vice versa. After turning this off things have returned to normal. Settings, update and security, windows update, advanced options, choose how updates are delivered, from here you will see that "Updates from more than one place" is turned ON and also set to "PC's on my local network AND PC's on the internet"..... reminds me of the music sharing full of I don't know what viruses that went on when my kids were young. Turn it off your PC will thank you.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Since the update,I have to hardstart my laptop because it will not wake up when opened , and the touchpad setting reset everytime it is restarted
Old 09-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by ftltmp
Since the update,I have to hardstart my laptop because it will not wake up when opened , and the touchpad setting reset everytime it is restarted
We have touch screens and I have noticed that mine doesn't wake up unless the screen is swiped by hand or click and hold to swipe upwards with the mouse, just clicking on the screen before would wake it up.