Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: What would you have done if someone cuts you off and slams on their brakes?
Slow down and continue on?
21.91%
pull over and wait for the idiot to leave the area?
2.25%
Ram them?
10.11%
Go around and do the same to them?
5.06%
Go around and smoke them?
60.67%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

What would you have done? (long, yet good)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you have done? (long, yet good)

So my buddy was on his way to pick up some parts in his '91 FORD F250 with the good ole 7.3L in it. Just as he leaves a stoplight and gets up to speed a newer Tundra goes tearing by his left side, shoots in front of him and, now get this...slams on his brakes! My friend slams on his and veers to the right and just missed having a collision. Now my buddy is thinking what in the heck is this guys problem??? So he continues on and the guy does it to him a second time! Again he avoids a collision and my buddy is now very mad . Once again continues on and you wouldn't believe it if you saw it, he does it again!!! Except this time my buddy has had enough, sohe floor boards the right skinny pedal instead of the brake......slams into the back of the Tundra and pushes him 300 feet up the road! The driver of the Tundra is on his brakes, eyes popping out of his head and my buddy is pushing him towards the light rail tracks we have here in San Jose! Anyway my buddy stops and the guy in the Tundra jumps out, my buddy yells at him to get back in the truck, I am calling the cops! As he gets done with the call he sees a BMW pull up in an adjacent parking lot, a women gets out and yells to him, I saw the whole thing that idiot did the same thing to me and two other cars...

My buddies truck has slight bumper damage, the Tudra is now shorter by about 18 inches...and my buddies insurance is going after the driver of the Tundra! What would you have done?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:55 PM

Well, one method of training anything with a brain is, "to make the right thing easy and the wrong thing difficult".

After three times of this action to your friend in short order, he got that message across. He even has another driver declare the same thing. This clown apparently does it as a sport. He might reconsider next time!

He very likely does it to females demonstrating his testosterone level and getting away with it. If so, it may take a while to get his brain to function at a normal level, if ever.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 PM

I don't know if I would of smashed into his truck, but I would of cut the guy off after the 3rd time, and if he didn't readily apologize I would probally of broken a bone in his body.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would have got in front of him, hit the brakes and let him hit me,no points on my lic,insureace
Old 04-18-2009, 03:10 PM

Now I could be wrong,......but this could be construed as an ADW,assault with a deadly weapon(vehicle) in Calif.That is kinda serious There was a police report made right? Iwant to know the results of this.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:34 PM
JKM

I drive a tractor trailer.... I dare someone to brake check me.... anywhere, any time, I'll get my license back some day, they will never get their health back.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:10 PM

No-one was cited, my friends insurance company is covering all his damages and going after the idiot after reading the police report. No increase in his rates, no points against him...case of frontier justice? Police wrote it off as a panic situation, hit the wrong pedal and froze....after three times and witnesses that this idiot was doing it to other vehicle too.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Good for you guys,I'll have to remember "panic situation".
Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Moron boy Is lucky someone did not pull a gun and end his sorry existance. Glad to hear there were no repercussions to your friend. Often I ask, what is your damage? to some of the brain dead's on the road!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This type of stuff is exactly why someday I will have a road armor bumper on my truck. I have had simaler things done to me more times than I can count. Never to that extent but I have had several people just lett off the throttle after they passed me. Every time it was while pulling my camper or large rented enclosed trailer down the interstate.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Chapter President

It was'nt one of those insurance fraud things I've heard about out in Cali is it. I mean the guy in the tundra? I watched a thing and they were talking about these crooks that go around trying to get rear ended by whipping in front of you and slamming on the brakes.

Me I would have likely tried to go around him, if not maybe would have pulled off a side street or slowed to 10mph. Get tired of playing games with stupid people and just prefer not to waste my time
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM

That was my first thought too, except this time it went bad for the scammer. I wonder if being an ex marine had anything to do with the outcome too...he has never told me what he did in the corps...ummm...
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Caltrops would be good.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by AkitaSumo
That was my first thought too, except this time it went bad for the scammer. I wonder if being an ex marine had anything to do with the outcome too...he has never told me what he did in the corps...ummm...
Trust me. Retired out of my Corps. If he doesn't offer, don't ask..
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 AM

i have a big bumper. I would have rammed him.

Quick Reply: What would you have done? (long, yet good)